Suggestions for buying a second concert.

joshsimpson79

Reaction score
I have an all solid wood kala that has served me well, but I'm looking for a second uke, so I can keep one at home and one at the work office. A pickup would be preferred, but not a deal breaker. I'm thinking about an $800.00 budget and I'm all for buying used if it's more bang for the buck. I like my ukes more on the plain and simple as far as looks go. Thanks for the help.

I live in a small town, and don't have access to many stores, so playing a bunch of different ones isn't an option.

Check out the videos on the HMS site & Mims Ukes site, buying from one of them likely a good choice.

(Maybe Pono, KoAloha, Kanilea.)

Edit: I recently got myself a KoAloha long neck concert acacia, which is nice & plain looking, with a nice sound.

I second the suggestion to check out The Ukulele Site (HMS). Pono would be an excellent choice, and a big step up from Kala. HMS can add a pickup, and you get a deal when purchasing with a Uke.

I love my Opio Ukuleles...Mim or Uke Republic or The Ukulele Site should be able to put together a package of an Opio Concert, MiSi pickup, and hard case in the $800 range (or lower). If you like the KoAloha sound—there is no better bargain.

You might also want to check with Mainland or Bonanza...both which will be well under $800 for such a package (maybe under $500)

I love my Opio Ukuleles...Mim or Uke Republic or The Ukulele Site should be able to put together a package of an Opio Concert, MiSi pickup, and hard case in the $800 range (or lower). If you like the KoAloha sound—there is no better bargain.

You might also want to check with Mainland or Bonanza...both which will be well under $800 for such a package (maybe under $500)

I bought my first uke from Mim and had a good experience. I will probably give another call.

Top Bottom