Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From sofa to...??

I have until the new year to give them an answer Luke as they’ve (sensibly) realised that not much is going to happen over the next two weeks of Christmas. After the new year it’ll be all systems go! I’m leaning towards it as it great fun making a noise with others!
    And no...I don’t have Keith’s “gnarled hands” - ALL of me is beautiful!! lolololol (In my dreams only!)

Dave x
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, my longest friend - a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke. Oh, and a piano accordion - but trying to play that feels like I'm wrestling with an octopus!

Quote Originally Posted by S11LKO View Post
    ....Iím just assuming gigs will be mostly at weekends and was wondering if wifey would get irritated by my not then available to do things with her? But if we controlled and spread them out as you do Iím sure itíd be fine. If an Ďopen eventí she could even come along, have a couple of drinks, and watch.....
    Most all gigs on Saturday nights. My wife is not really into it, but I've explained that it's my only real hobby, so she is agreeable to a point. She comes to gigs occasionally, but not alone, only when other friends want to check out our band. Just be sure to do fun stuff (with her!) on the Saturday nights you are NOT playing.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a ukulele player, then always be a ukulele player
    Ė Unknown

Thanks Ukecaster - sort of how I see it too. X
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, my longest friend - a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke. Oh, and a piano accordion - but trying to play that feels like I'm wrestling with an octopus!

Congratulations Dave. Glad to hear of your decision.

Thanks my friend.

Congratulations!

I think you're doing the right thing. You might regret it later, if you don't take it up. You don't want to be wondering what might have been.

Thank you lizalele!

Congratulations! I find it hard to believe that youíve never been in a group before.

Didnít realize that there are country bands in the UK.

Saw your Eko 12 string in your sig; a frend of mine had a solid body silver metal flake 4 pickup Eko with push button pickup selector in the 60ís.

How exciting! I say go for it! If it becomes too much, or it doesn't work out, you can always stop. I'll bet it will be energizing and fun! Congrats!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

ampeep & chopped liver - thanks for both your comments which are appreciated. EKO still produce guitars in Italy and there are one or two distributors here in the U.K. but they’re hard to find. I don’t know what they’re like today, but back in the 70’s when I bought mine they were tremendous value for money with excellent built quality, sound and playability. I love my old girl and she’s looking pretty darn good for being nearly 50 years old! lol

Thread Information