Takumi uke

Ukecaster

Reaction score
No. Just the bridge is closer to the soundhole making it still soprano scale length. I have a loprinzi soprano that is the same way. However they don't call it a long neck or super

I think George Elmes plays one of those, in addition to his KTS-7.

I have an Islander AS-4 that's 14 frets to the body. Soprano scale. Fits in a standard soprano hard case & gig bag.

The 12th fret must be at exactly 1/2 the distance between the nut and the saddle; for a given scale the fret spacing is fixed.

No. Just the bridge is closer to the soundhole making it still soprano scale length. I have a loprinzi soprano that is the same way. However they don't call it a long neck or super

Yeah, I see how they shift the bridge up towards the soundhole, compared to a normal 12 fret uke. Must have a big sweet spot too if they can shift the bridge like that and still sound good. Body looks a bit different shape too.

Takumi vs KTS-7.jpg

Lovely looking instrument

I have played several Takumi’s and owned a concert. They are fantastic instruments with wonderful tone. Highly recommmeded.

That is a very interesting Ukulele - wish I lived a little closer so I could take a look in person.... hmmmm maybe time for a road trip....!

Top Bottom