Sleep Walk - Santo and Johnny

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

This is the tune that got me interested in playing the guitar. I found out much later that it was actually played on a steel guitar. So I then decided to play steel guitar!!!!! here is a version I worked out on Ukulele. Ohana TK 35G Tenor Ukulele with a high G.....before I changed to low G! Hope you all enjoy!

Thank You Camsuke and Jim Yates. lfoo6952 the Lap Steel is great fun to play. It is one of those tunes that really has to be played on the instrument it was written for. Without a doubt the inspiration for me taking up the guitar was the Beatles and Sleep Walk!

For those who have requested this, here is the version of Sleep Walk that I played on a Lap Steel Guitar. It may be of interest to compare it to the Ukulele version.
Brenda Lee. It did not seem very ethical to put my lap style weissenborn version of the Christmas Song on your thread....Lap Steel guitar is a lot of fun to play though! Mike:)

For those who have requested this, here is the version of Sleep Walk that I played on a Lap Steel Guitar. It may be of interest to compare it to the Ukulele version.
Brenda Lee. It did not seem very ethical to put my lap style weissenborn version of the Christmas Song on your thread....Lap Steel guitar is a lot of fun to play though! Mike:)

You transformed into a different person when you are with your lap guitar.

Top Bottom