Greetings from the land of the Blues!

Chinn

Reaction score
Greetings from the land of the Blues.

I'm a hack multi-instrumentalist from the Mid-South/Delta area of the US. I grew up playing (and I'm still playing) a lot of blues. So that means a lot of acoustic and electric blues guitar, as well as blues harmonica (amplified and acoustic). Also play mandolin, tenor guitar, trumpet, and formerly played classical violin as well.

Several years ago I also taught my wife to play guitar and she plays and sings quite well.

So what brought me to the Ukulele? My wife is a children's librarian. She recently took a ukulele lesson with the intent of playing while singing to the children during story time. That resulted in her asking for a new ukulele for Christmas this year.

Her new Kala arrived yesterday. My new-to-me Amahi arrived a few days before. I've got to learn to play so I can teach her- right? We decided not to wait for Christmas day, so we've been playing!

The past two days have been fun and I look forward to much more. Personally, I'm transferring over fingerpicking techniques and chord shapes. For my wife, we've learned a couple simple nursery rhymes and plan to add more to her repertoire over the holidays.

Really appreciate all the UU videos, how-to's and play-alongs on the web. Good stuff!

Top Bottom