Thread: Vintage Regent ukulele...

Default Vintage Regent ukulele...

What can we all learn about Regents, here on this amazing forum of ukulele information?

What can you tell me about this Regent, besides it's missing a string and the nut?
    regent.jpg
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-28 Nunes - Martins
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Wow, no comment on Regents?
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-28 Nunes - Martins

I’ve seen a lot of baritones that look like this one, but I’ve never seen a fretboard that long.
    Lardy says that it was made by Guyatone in post war Japan.
    This is what the site says,
    “When they were doing the OEM work they produced instruments branded Antoria, Barclay, Broadway, Coronado, Crestwood, Delta, Futurama, Guyatone, Howard, Hi-Lo, Ibanez, Ideal, Imperial, Johnny Guitar, Kent, Kingston, Lafayette, Lake, Montclair, Omega, Orpheus, Prestige, Royalist, Saturn, Silhouette, Silvertone, Vernon, Winston, Zenta and probably produced Beeton, Bradford, Canora, Maxwell and Regent."
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten,
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing! - Eric Idle

The price is right. I would grab it.
    cletus

I picked it up for $20, it's a Baritone. I'm having a friend with nut blanks install a nut and will string it GCEA, low G! Not sure if I'll keep it, I don't even like tenor size. But, from what I could tell it sounds pretty good!

PS, Mahalo for the above info!
    Just Play

Thread Information