Enya Poor Quality Control

So far, so good with mine, which I've had since 11/03/17. A few weeks after it arrived I saw the unfavorable Amazon review, so I contacted an experienced ukulele acquaintance who had purchased an HPL tenor in September (his second Enya); at that point he had had no problems. Good luck to all (including me) as we get farther out from our initial receipt. I know issues may take a while to develop, but so far I'm very happy with my purchase.

So far, so good with mine, which I've had since 11/03/17. A few weeks after it arrived I saw the unfavorable Amazon review, so I contacted an experienced ukulele acquaintance who had purchased an HPL tenor in September (his second Enya); at that point he had had no problems. Good luck to all (including me) as we get farther out from our initial receipt. I know issues may take a while to develop, but so far I'm very happy with my purchase.

Hopefully it is just an isolated incident, no fun for Besley though. Nothing some gasoline and a match won't solve. Then I send the video to Enya:mad:

Hopefully it is just an isolated incident, no fun for Besley though. Nothing some gasoline and a match won't solve. Then I send the video to Enya:mad:

According to Camsuke it may give toxic fumes!
It’s good to hear Kathryn has not had any issues.
Could be an isolated case !

Ouch. Sorry about that :( I was hoping this was going to be one of those Super-low introductory prices of $22 (which seemed absurdly low, but probably just to get good reviews on amazon initially) - crappy - at half that price, I'd be merely peeved. This price would p%ss me off.

About $120 I think.

Well instead of torching it, you could turn it into a Flame Throwing Enya! LOL

Hi, besley again! Sorry to hear.

As I write this the relief has grown to 0.024" at the fifth fret, which is an absurd amount of bend. I tried to capture the curve of the neck in a photo or two, with a straight edge on the left side of the photo to show that the curvature you see is not a result of the lens.

How did you get this small amount of relief? Why do you get relief at the fifth fret?

Hi, besley again! Sorry to hear.

How did you get this small amount of relief? Why do you get relief at the fifth fret?

I'm not sure I understand the question? I mean, I didn't DO anything to the neck - like using steel strings for example - it just warped by itself. The action at the 12th fret is 0.100", which isn't too bad. But due to the warping it's just over 0.080" at the 5th fret, which is rather a lot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the question? I mean, I didn't DO anything to the neck - like using steel strings for example - it just warped by itself. The action at the 12th fret is 0.100", which isn't too bad. But due to the warping it's just over 0.080" at the 5th fret, which is rather a lot.

Thank you for the answer besley!

Oh, good! Check the 1st fret, Besley!

Hi besley!

You have already modified saddle and nut. Their return policy may not accept after modification. Saddle requires metal spacer underneath (red circle in the first figure), which is metal thin board and available in DYI shops. Nut grooves (see 2nd figure) are very deep and shapes are bad. I know you don't satisfy these results.

If you still believe that they should accept your return. I may explain why they don't accept your neck bend.

Who makes these Enya ukes? The font on the headstock is the same as used by the irish pop singer!

I just received my pineapple Enya last night.
Seller shipped very fast from Asia (arrived in one week). I purchased through Amazon.ca (canada). Packing was professional and impeccable ! Seller wrote me a little note thanked me for the purchase. The pineapple sounds great with perfect action. I store it inside their 15mm padded gig bag in my humility controlled room. I hope this one will stay in perfect condition just like Kathryn (kvehe) in the post above and Dave (downupdave). Both of them purchased their Enya 1 month before my pineapple and has no issues with the neck or anything else.
Let's keep my fingers crossed as it is a pretty nice sounding uke.
As we are all aware that there are plenty of fake goods coming out of China selling on e-bay. I just hope there isn't any fake Enya on the market yet.

Last edited:
Bummer about the bad uke. Even some more expensive lines have their duds. I wonder if this has anything to do with not properly seasoning the wood before building the instrument.

I store it inside their 15mm padded gig bag in my humility controlled room
LOL. :D

Bummer about the bad uke. Even some more expensive lines have their duds. I wonder if this has anything to do with not properly seasoning the wood before building the instrument.

LOL. :D

Enya do not use wood.

Top Bottom