Marcy Marxer's Ken Franklin Tenor Ukulele

There's no better feeling than receiving and opening up that package for the first time. I love seeing the expression of joy on her face. Thanks for sharing Ken. Lovely instrument.

Marcy is a great musician. I had the pleasure of meeting her and Cathy Fink at NAMM a few years ago.IMG_0346.jpg

Yes! And Ken is a master Craftsman. He has an impeccable eye for detail, adding exquisite touches but the best part is the tone of his instruments. They make me shiver. I've played a few of his ukuleles and I can tell you each one is a delight. He will ask you questions about what you play and what you want the instrument to do and he makes it happen. Now if only all of us could play like Marcy...

Great looking. I especially like the headstock. Looks a bit like the top line of a stylized letter F.

Sounds and looks amazing!

I've always been a huge fan of Marcy Marxer, and nice to see her so happy with her new uke from you Ken :)

Congrats to you both! :music:

Very nice sounding wood combo. Nice song. Checking out Ken’s site after this reply. Love the tone of the yellow cedar and myrtle

Thanks for the kind words folks. There's a little more information about the ukulele on my site. I just put it up today.

Last edited:
It is simply one of the most beautiful looking instruments I have seen. It is so tasteful and elegant and artistic. I love that his instruments are not at all gaudy and let the beauty of the design and the wood speak. On top of all that, it sounds fantastic. Great work!

I stumbled upon this video the other day. Marcy is doing her amazing thing again.

Amazing song played by an amazing player on an amazing sounding ukulele. What is not to like?
Ken, your work is outstanding!

Top Bottom