Season 305: Holiday Extravaganza!

Great theme, Randy! I’m hoping to bring a few this week. I’ll start things off with this one.

I absolutely wore this Buck Owens 45 out when I was a kid. Loved it dearly, and played it all year long. Was fun attempting it now, but kinda intimidating to try the Don Rich guitar licks once the red light came on. lol

I did this one before, two years ago I think. This is a new recording. This time with a melodica break. This was originally by Buck Owens, but I came up with a sort of bluesy arrangement after watching a youtube video on extended 9th chords on the uke.

Well, I posted three things last week, after my friends and I played at a Local Yarn Shop. Between work, and ill elderly parents, (both of which have been keeping me from posting for quite some time), that's about it, so Happy Holidays everyone, and I look forward to your postings.

-Kurt​

Here's a Jimmy Dickens song I've always liked, and just last night at a little Christmas gathering here at my house, I did this song, and it legit made my brother in law and sister in law both cry. It just hit them in a sentimental moment, and her dad is out of state and in bad health. Wasn't expecting that reaction to it at all, but man that sure is super cool power to be able to effect people that way sometimes. Made my night actually!

Thumpity, thump, thump ...

Head over to the Island if you want to see what didn't make the cut, thanks to Rani the Himalayan. Otherwise, here's a magic snowman story.

Oh yes. The Season's off to a terrific start!

pabrizzer Noel Wow, what a perfect way to launch the Season. An amazing Paoriginal! Terrific, full sound and a simple but beautiful message.

wee_ginga_yin Hoosianna Daavidin Poika New to me. Good bring!

LimousinLil Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis Oh yes. You cannot go wrong with Tom Waits!

pabrizzer Newtonmas I've been a fan on Newtonmas for quite a while. Yup, it needs carols!

pabrizzer And We're Singing Still I love the melody here.

RAB11 Driving Home for Christmas Terrific groove you've got going here. Love it!

xommen Underneath The Mistletoe I love Sia, and I really like your take on this!

UkuleleLibrarian Last Christmas Oh yeah! This is really special!

Recovering Bassist Santa looked a lot like Daddy Oh yeah, one of my favorites! Excellent uke work!

AlanDP Christmas Day I'd forgotten about this one. Terrific song!

AlanDP Blue Christmas Lights So good. Wow, your playing is amazing!

Recovering Bassist No place like home on Christmas Music can be so powerful. Good song, good bring!

hendulele Frosty Oh yeah. An essential bring for the Season!

This is probably my favorite John Prine song. It's not a Christmas song per say, but Christmas is mentioned so I hope our fabulous and fair-minded host will allow it......

Thanks Randy!
Your season has prompted me to do this years version of this exquisite carol written by Lesley Fowkes.
I have recorded it every year since she wrote it.
This one is for SOTU 305.

Its unusual that I get a song done on a Sunday but I found a few minutes to myself and was able to get a one take done.

Have a great holiday week everyone!

Looking forward to this Holiday Extravaganza. You should get loads if songs Randy. Oddly this year hasn't seemed like its really Christmas in a week. This will keep reminding me that Santa Clause is coming to town and to get my act together!

Ho ho hope I can get some songs done :)

Did you just call Harry a ho?

Mel and I are not really Holiday people...but I do have a soft spot for Christmas music, mostly because it drives her straight up a wall.
Anyway- Merry Christmas from Punch Your Neighbor
Also- A little Hillbilly Christmas music I compiled while I was searching for inspiration (complete with a HUGE skip in my Buck Owens Christmas record...dammit!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom