Season 305: Holiday Extravaganza!

Ho ho ho and hee hee hee! Wonderful day of wonderful music!

Recovering Bassist Christmas time's a comin' Well that was a bunch of fun! Thanks for bringing some Bill Monroe!

UkuleleLibrarian Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas One of my favorites. It's getting very "Christmassy" here right now as the snow falls!

xommen Tread softly to the stable So beautiful. So deserving to be the "song of the Season." I like your simple strumming and gentle echo effect.

mountain goat shine like a star in the morning (traditional) Congratulations again, newlyweds! Such a great song for the Season. Happy holidays!

dickadcock If We Make It Through December Yup, this song is well-deserving to be here this Season! Love your take on this.

SparkyUkulele The Seasonista Wassail This is so, so wonderful. Thanks for bringing this to the Season,

aspieman456 Christmas time is Here I love this melody, and you do it so well! Very impressed. Thanks!

myrnaukelele Winter Wonderland Really nice, I love your way of effortlessly gliding through the chords!

Recovering Bassist All I want for Christmas Dear is you Yup, this is "twangy country" all right! And I love it!

Jazzbanjorex & Benji Go tell it on the mountain Bravo! This is SOOOOO good. Love the harmony, love the video merge, too!

AlanDP Who's That Up On the Roof? I've never heard this one - it's really good!

Jazzbanjorex Silver Bells Oh yes. You can indeed make a song your own. Love it, and your dancers are fun!

TCK Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy This is such a fun song - and yes, I was hoping for some whistling!

TCK donde esta Santa Claus One of my all-time favorites! It's always on my holiday playlist! I love this take, a little more laid back than how I play it!

Little Salvatore is just old enough to enjoy walks around the neighborhood, Xmas lights, and his daddy's silly singing.

In villages around South Yorkshire & North Derbyshire, there is a tradition of Christmas carols being sung in pubs, from mid November onwards. Many are unique to the village they are sung in, and are rarely heard anywhere else. English folk singer Kate Rusby has done a lot to give these songs a wider audience, and has just released her fourth CD of them. It includes this one, a variation on "While Shepherds Watched", one of around 30 versions which Kate has encountered.

Hey gang, I'm gonna be afk for the day. Continue bringing me these cool tune, I'll comment asap!

Sorry I have been away helping in the last days of Mother in Laws life. She passed yesterday. A very sad time right now.
We have family coming in for Christmas and the funeral. Next week looks impossible for the seasons for me too.

Ill see you in the New Year.
Enjoy yourselves!
Have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, Linda. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Everybody's always putting old Ebenezer down
They think only of his stinginess, how he always frowned
Everyone seems to forget
That it hadn't ended yet
When Ebenezer woke up that Christmas morn

Oh Lord, let me be just like old Ebenezer
Let me keep Christmas in my heart the whole year long
Let me be as good a friend, let me be as good a man
As this good old world has ever known

Send me a spirit when I'm feeling angry
When I haven't done as much as I can
Remind me of that part
When he found Christmas in his heart
And he woke up feeling like a whole new man

Remind me of the past, so I can live in the present
And shape all the Christmases yet to come
Let me learn, just by half
To laugh like Ebenezer laughed
And may God bless us, every one

sending very best wishes to you and your family right now, linda

ok, this lovely song was a really big hit for sparkly-eyed, motor-bike-riding, swoon-inducing dreamboat david essex back in 1982, although it didn't quite make it to the coveted uk christmas number one spot that year

"a winter's tale"

I'm just starting to catch up after being away for most of the week.

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about Linda's mother in law. On the other hand, congratulations to Jon and Joo.

Anyway, here is an antipodean atheist Christmas song. It's another one-take wonder because I have no time. I only stuffed it up a little bit. For some reason, I forgot how to play C sus 4 halfway through the song. It's a song that I planned to play last Christmas, but I didn't have time to record it then. Also, I have a feeling it might tickle Berni's fancy. Maybe not, but it seems like his style.

Last edited:
I'm just starting to catch up after being away for most of the week.

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about Linda's mother in law. On the other hand, congratulations to Jon and Joo.

Anyway, here is an antipodean atheist Christmas song. It's another one-take wonder because I have no time. I only stuffed it up a little bit. For some reason, I forgot how to play C sus 4 halfway through the song. It's a song that I planned to play last Christmas, but I didn't have time to record it then. Also, I have a feeling it might tickle Berni's fancy. Maybe not, but it seems like his style.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=eQt-pYbdQ9M[/video]

Is the video not embedded? I'm not sure why... I did everything right as far as I know.

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited:
Sorry I have been away helping in the last days of Mother in Laws life. She passed yesterday. A very sad time right now.
We have family coming in for Christmas and the funeral. Next week looks impossible for the seasons for me too.

Enjoy yourselves!

So sorry to hear your news, Linda. It is so sad to lose anyone at any time, but somehow that sadness is amplified at Christmas. Love to you and yours.

"Let It Snow" (1945) by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn. Arranged by Uke Of Carl.

Enjoy yourselves!

Sorry to hear that, Linda.
Have a good Christmas nevertheless and here's hoping for better things in the new year.

Enjoy yourselves!
Sorry to hear the sad news Linda, I hope you and your family have a bearable Christmas under these circumstances xx

Well the ukulele's re-strung but alas the mics still crap grrrrrrrrrr. It's about time we had a morose Christmas Carol amongst all these fine cheerful choons !! Lol
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and all your families xx

Top Bottom