Season 305: Holiday Extravaganza!

Oh boy, you're all putting me in the spirit!

Recovering Bassist Souvenirs Oh yeah. This really is a good song, and a welcome addition. Well done!

bird's eye view of my ukelele Christmas Blues Great song, but don't have the blues - we all love ya so much!

Jazzbanjorex Iz Dat You Santa Clause? One of my favorites! Well done indeed, and I like Mrs Claus a lot!

Jazzbanjorex Blue Christmas I like the beat! Well done!

pabrizzer Tread Softly Yup, a beautiful song indeed.

UkuleleLibrarian Christmas Day Good one, frantic and fun!

lelouden Away In A Manger Oh boy, this is just gorgeous. Thank you so much.

Jazzbanjorex It s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year Great choice, well done. Love the Bumble hat!

TCK Merry Christmas from the Family It's weird, I hate Christmas music 50 weeks of the year. And LOVE it two weeks. Good song, keep on singing it!

Jazzbanjorex Jingle Bell Rock Good bring for the Season. But I'm not sure M&Ms really exist!

Jazzbanjorex Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Ooh, I like the breezy, jangly version you bring here. Very nice!

I was sure this song was in my mp3 collection, but I can't find it. The arrangement that I took this cover from was by a woman who sings and plays piano. She did it in 3/4, but I changed that. I used her chords and melody. She didn't do the little intro/outro that I attempted to play, that part is just me trying to mimic Vince Guaraldi.

Russell "Red" Steagall is a country singer-songwriter from Gainesville, Texas. He became a rodeo bull rider as a teenager, but then came down with polio. He began playing guitar and mandolin as physical therapy to recover use of his hands and arms. He has been quite successful as a musician. Notrees, Texas is a real place, and based on its location, I'm sure the name is quite literal.

Had a question about the appearance of koala poop.
They actually gold plate it, make earrings, and sell it to the tourists.
Eucalyptus leaves are quite toxic and koalas require a microbe in their stomach to help with the digestion. As part of growing up a mother koala feeds her baby some of her poop to pass on that microbe. Mountain gorillas do the same...
7176202-3x2-940x627.jpg
d712b7_cc59fde4f7894af7bd837bef1c9d4388.jpg

Last edited:
I'd better bring something this season. It's the 100th season since my first entry! Won't even have a chance to pick up a uke until Fri, though, so no guarantees.

Right, my voice is about 85% back, almost enough to try this song.

Eucalyptus leaves are quite toxic and koalas require a microbe in their stomach to help with the digestion. As part of growing up a mother koala feeds her baby some of her poop to pass on that microbe. Mountain gorillas do the same...
View attachment 105395
View attachment 105394

Koala poop earrings, Brian ... are you SURE???? (Oh, I see! Well I never!)

View attachment 105395
View attachment 105394
Gosh, I'm so happy they don't grind coffee from it.

A few years ago I heard a wonderful version of In the bleak midwinter done together with
Cinderellalifestyle and Michael Hermiston and I was playing arond with the chords and
some verses from the Burns poem Man has made to mourn had the right metre to it I I
slotted them in between Rossetti and Hermiston.
Here is a link to Michael's origianal with vocals by LaurieLeeC and Michael Hermiston

Top Bottom