General music performance intensive, appropriate for ukulele

Piecomics

Reaction score
Hi all, I know there are things like swannanoa where are you can go for a week and learn folk music… I believe that intensive training, like what you do in a four day or week long event, can give huge improvements in your performance. I am wondering if people could recommend any that might be ukulele appropriate, although not ukulele specific?

I have heard there is a jazz performance one in Virginia somewhere but have not been able to find it.

Thanks!
Ben

Ben,

What part of the country are you in and are you prepared to travel?

We have some pretty great camps in Hawai'i. I teach at George Kahumoku's Slack Key Guitar and 'Ukulele Workshop and also at the Hawai'i Island 'Ukulele Retreat. Both have been really great and are well run. But it depends on what you want to learn and who on the lineup will best teach it to you. Aloha Music Camp also gets rave reviews. But it very much depends on if you're willing to travel.

Ben,

I don't know where you live, but for a Minnesotan, the idea of going to Hawaii right now is appealing all by itself.

Ben,

I don't know where you live, but for a Minnesotan, the idea of going to Hawaii right now is appealing all by itself.

I will second that motion from cold snowy Canada. It will be even more appealing in a couple of months

Thirded from Montana, where the highway department is saying Xmas travel will soon be "difficult to impossible" in the western part of the state.

Actually, my wife and I just got back from 2 weeks on Kauai and the Big Island. After looking at the Hippie Guy's link to the Uke Retreat I mentioned that to my wife as a possible future trip. Her reply was, "YES, as soon as you want to do it".

I'm in NC, but happy to travel, or at least dream about it!

Top Bottom