Season 306 ...any chance of bringing it forward???

LimousinLil

Reaction score
An unorthodox request, Jon ... well, not THAT unorthodox! Is there any chance of bringing notification of Season 306 forward by a couple of days? I have just realised that it falls completely over the festive period and I'll be tied up most of the time (but that's another story!) Should really like to contribute something, but not going to have much opportunity ... surely I can't be the only one in that position? So is there any possibility of doing this, or is it completely against the rules? Jon? Brian? PLEASE!11d9cb71b39e593f29b2e43fb8784635.jpg

Last edited:
An unorthodox request, Jon ... well, not THAT unorthodox! Is there any chance of bringing notification of Season 306 forward by a couple of days? I have just realised that it falls completely over the festive period and I'll be tied up most of the time (but that's another story!) Should really like to contribute something, but not going to have much opportunity ... surely I can't be the only one in that position? So is there any possibility of doing this, or is it completely against the rules? Jon? Brian? PLEASE!View attachment 105390

TIed up most of the time over Christmas... I am going to call the police.

Reluctant to buy into this but -
My thoughts are that this is Randy's week. Sure there has always been an overlap each end of the season but it has always been so. When you host you normally have 6 clear days for people to bring you songs.
There was an occasion when Berni felt we needed extra time to write an original song and posted his theme early.
Like any calendar related activity sometimes other commitments will mean that one thing will take priority over something else.
Not big on rules but the seasons have always sort of just stayed the same.
Really mostly up to Randy and Jon imho.

........& I didn't comment for much the same reason, I just go with the flow, but it didn't happen the first two Xmases I was on here.......so......no comment. :cool:

Thanks for the comments, chaps! All taken on board! (And, Rob ... please don't worry about calling the police; I can handle it!) Should be interested to know what Jon and Randy think; sorry, Randy, it hadn't occurred that this would be interfering with your Season! And Jon ... where ARE you????

I would think it might be better to take a week off for the Christmas period since most people will be busy doing other things like visiting family etc.

Sparky

Why don't we just leave things as they are? We all have times when contributing is difficult, we just work through the rules the best we can.

Tied up??? Surely your husband will remove your big red bow by then! WooHoo!

I'm thinking you've decided what to do Val.
If it were me I would sneak this question in private to Jon and see if he will give you a hint
or
jump on a plane and do the house swap and take a nice warm vacation during that week. No need to bring gifts. We've already handled it :) ho ho ho

Truthfully, until Randy makes a prediction for 306, Jon cant possibly know what he is doing for that week!

i was one of the peeps who read the opening post and didn't say anything!!!!!!

it did occur to me that, in a situation like this, if the host of the future season was up for it, then anyone who needed to know in advance what the theme would be for a future season, could PM them, and get a PM answer in reply, and then people who need the info can have it, and everyone else can wait for saturday and randy's prediction - actually there's a thought, if randy can predict next week's theme NOW, and let you know............ i mean he's never wrong! :bowdown: :rock:

Those Li/Lunda's share a brain I think!

Same time, same place, same thought.....scary!

Its the Christmas magic :)

I'd try and predict right now but I can't get koala poop off my mind!

Me either and when I google it I found that you can get Koala poop coffee too. Now that must be some kind of special brew!

........ and who is Lunda?

i was one of the peeps who read the opening post and didn't say anything!!!!!!

it did occur to me that, in a situation like this, if the host of the future season was up for it, then anyone who needed to know in advance what the theme would be for a future season, could PM them, and get a PM answer in reply, and then people who need the info can have it, and everyone else can wait for saturday and randy's prediction - actually there's a thought, if randy can predict next week's theme NOW, and let you know............ i mean he's never wrong! :bowdown: :rock:

This makes perfect sense, Lynda! Now ... back to the koala poo; have you seen those earrings????

Tied up??? Surely your husband will remove your big red bow by then! WooHoo!

I'm thinking you've decided what to do Val.
If it were me I would sneak this question in private to Jon and see if he will give you a hint
or
jump on a plane and do the house swap and take a nice warm vacation during that week. No need to bring gifts. We've already handled it :) ho ho ho

Truthfully, until Randy makes a prediction for 306, Jon cant possibly know what he is doing for that week!

Oh, gosh, I'm in a real quandary here ... house swap, gifts! And, yes, you're right, Jon can't possibly know what he's going to do - I'll have to ask Randy, then I can hop on that plane!

Well, 47 people have so far read this post and no one has said a word ... either for or against! ​WHERE ARE YOU, JON???
It may have something to do with your opening post is specifically aimed at an answer from 'Brian' or 'Jon' and the first 47 that viewed were probably not of that name !! Lol :wallbash:

Last edited:
It may have something to do with your opening post is specifically aimed at an answer from 'Brian' or 'Jon' and the first 47 that viewed were probably not of that name !! Lol :wallbash:

I read the post and didn't reply for that very reason. It was entirely between Val, Randy & Jon.

I agree PM is a better way to deal with these things. I swapped weeks following a request by the host who had the week before me a while back and that was all done by PM. Once we'd agreed, Brian simply swapped the host names over in the OP. There was no fuss and all was good.

So... We now have to add a Lunda to the Linda/Lynda collective do we? :eek:ld:

Top Bottom