Advanced Ukulele Techniques Problems

jarednye

Reaction score
What are some of the most common technique issues for advanced players? I now find I spend more time trying to play Bruddah Is, John King or the hard stuff from Ukulelehunt than exercises. So I was wondering what most find lack when focusing on technique over and over is no longer the focus? Thanks.

Timing. If it's not groovy, what's the point?

You might get more responses if you elaborate a bit on what kind of feedback you're looking for.

I was never one to do exercises, I just learned as I played, but certainly timing plays a big part, as does putting something of yourself into what you play, expressiveness I think they call it, without that, it may be technically correct, but boring to listen to. ;)

I don't consider myself advanced by any means, but I mostly fingerpick. I have the most trouble with my fretting hand, keeping the fingers firmly in the middle of the fret. When I try to increase my speed I end up putting some fingers on the fret bars which results in fuzzy/unclear notes.

Seriously though, this is a very interesting idea applying Hannon's exercises to ukulele. I have downloaded the free ebook. Thanks for the link:cool:

Top Bottom