Start and Ending Times Clarification

ash13brook

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is archived somewhere, but I didn't find it
I'm confused as to the start and finish times.
Starts at Midnight on Sunday Hawaii time. Is that considered the first second past Saturday?
Through Sunday Midnight is right till a second before Monday?
Am I making this more difficult than it should be?

Thanks,
Matt

Yes. This is my understanding.
Hawaii time is GMT-10
Hawaii does not observe daylight savings time.
So in the winter, Hawaii is two hours behind the West Coast, and three hours in summer.

12:00:01 AM Sunday is when it begins, and 11:59:59 PM the following Sunday is when it ends.
It runs eight days, and the second weekend has one day (Saturday) of overlap with the previous Season.
The Season theme is typically announced the Saturday before the Season starts.

OK, I think that's about it.

yeah, the theme goes up saturday night, you can start posting songs from when it starts to be sunday in hawaii, and the season runs for a week and a day. this gives an overlap on sundays, when 2 seasons are running, the old season on its last day, and the new one just starting - oh that sounds kinda epic and legendary and symbolic, actually!

Hmmm. In my mind the season always runs from bearded Aussie ballad to prime number by Ralf. :)

The accuracy of which exceeds even the atomic clock :eek:ld:

I have ten watches which I keep on time every month by the atomic clock in Fort Collins in Colorado, USA. I keep track of how much time each gains or loses. This is a leftover habit from certifying for Celestial Navigation.
Yet, this seems overwhelming to me...
I think I'll just wait a day or two after Pa posts his first.😉

Thanks,
Matt

I have ten watches which I keep on time every month by the atomic clock in Fort Collins in Colorado, USA. I keep track of how much time each gains or loses. This is a leftover habit from certifying for Celestial Navigation...

That's not obsessive at all and actually appeals to my sometimes OCD :) LOL

At least you are not setting up the astrolabe in order to compute the proper camera angle for recording each of your Seasons videos, for that might be considered extreme by some...

but it's all good...:music:

Top Bottom