Shop lighting

spongeuke

Reaction score
I have a converted closet as my main shop. It is ~ 60 sg. ft. including shelf space. I use a 4 ft. twin tube shop light and a clip on, twisty bulb, spot for the band saw, drill press, or disk/belt sander.
I've developed a condition where I can only spend an hour or two in the shop without feeling uncomfortable.
I'm not claustrophobic or subject to seizures.
I suspect the lighting.
Any suggestions?
Dave

Many people get uncomfortable with fluorescent lighting. Switching to lighting that most closely resembles daylight should help alleviate this issue. Not sure about halogens, but both LED and incandescent bulbs come in daylight versions.

If the lights are the issue, assuming your 4 ft lights use standard T8 tubes, these days you can finally get LED replacement bulbs for those. It seems to have taken a few years longer for the LED tube lights to come out, than it did for standard bulbs, but they're available at the big box stores now.

I will pay attention to the air issue. It is not a closed door situation but still it is a small space. I will look for the LED tubes next shopping trip.
Thank you all for your replies.

Top Bottom