Lanikai gigbag for concert uke

ThunderBell

Reaction score
I have decided the model of the uke I want to buy but now I need a gigbag for it! I want it to be nice and not very expensive. I have thought in this lanikai model.

TB-C-367x705.jpg

Can someone give me a review of it? I also want to know if it has two straps (to wear it as a backpack) or only one. I like the pattern so much but I was looking for something I can carry easily,

The things I look for in a gig bag are.....Nice color/pattern that I like, decent padding, decent price, and it must have a large front pocket. The external pocket on the front is a deal breaker for me. The ones with a flat zippered compartment aren't very practical because I like to carry stuff in the pocket (Tuner, capo, pencil or pen for notes & changes to sheet music, nail clippers & nail file, car keys, phone). I have the one with the flat zippered compartment for my outdoor/camping soprano and it barely holds a small lower profile tuner. All of my ukes, even the laminate soprano, live in hard cases with humidifiers at home. The gig bags are only used to transport the ukuleles to jams, classes, and band at church.

The one pictured above looks good. All of mine were purchased from Amazon. I mostly carry the gig bags by the handle, but the backpack straps come in handy if I have extra stuff to carry, like my music stand & music books.

I had one of these for a tenor uke. I believe it did have two backpack straps and was a good quality bag.

Top Bottom