Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep or send back?

If it sounds good I would rather take a discount than sending it back. There is always risk with shipping. It’s almost not worth the trouble unless you really hate this uke .
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thanks all for the advise. I did call and they requested a pic which I sent. They were very nice about it. But still waiting to hear what they say.
    The back has grown on me. I think I would keep it but the purfling does concern me a bit. I think it’s just cosmetic, I can’t imagine that has much to do with the integrity. But I think it would definitely affect resale, if I ever decide to let it go.
    I’ll just have to wait to see what, if anything, they offer. It’s not the end of the world by any means, but it should have been caught at the factory and at the shop.

Having worked in a furniture shop many decades ago, I'm really handy with brushes. I'd be tempted to have a go at fixing the visual defect with some touch up paint.
    Enjoy the uke, and remember, cosmetics are less important than how a uke feels and sounds. I do like the looks of the wood in this one.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post
    I think the back is beautiful.

But the missing purling would bug me - of course, I can be bought. If the company was to give me a partial refund or some sort of free uke accessory, I would forgo sending it back for a perfect one.
    This is exactly how I feel.
    Tenor:
    Mya Moe Classic Koa #2052

Concert:
    Hoffmann ML Style Cedar/Ebony, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C Mahogany/Spruce, , Knaile'a KPA C Premium Koa, Kiwaya KMC-K Koa, Pono RC-C-PC Cedar/Rosewood, Kala Waterman KA CWB Green

Long Neck Soprano:
    KoAloha KSM-02 Koa

Soprano:
    Lanikai LU-21 Laminate Mahogany (My Very First Uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary Koa, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire" Koa, Romero Creations XS Soprano Spalted Mango, Ohana SK 50G Cedar/Rosewood, Zimnicki Soprano Koa

If you have to ask, then you're ambiguous enough to warrant sending it back.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post
    I think the back is beautiful.

But the missing purling would bug me - of course, I can be bought. If the company was to give me a partial refund or some sort of free uke accessory, I would forgo sending it back for a perfect one.
    My thoughts exactly

What I have found over MANY ukes bought and sold is sound and playability thrumps cosmetics everyday of the week. I have had ukes with defects that I loved the sound of and kept them. I have sold off gorgeous ones that were perfect in every way shape and form but the sound or playability weren't there. The more you play an instrument the less you look at it!!!
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Hi, Brendan688!

Many Internet dealers have free set up service but some (or many) of them do not set up. One of my friends uke had no set up by a Internet dealer. We can not see if they had set up or not, because we don't have comparison. And there are many ukuleles which have already good set ups in factories. My friend compared his famous FS-5 in local shop and he found it no set up at all. Factory set up was good enough. In real shops has no such free set up service at all. It cost about $40 in local shops. Hence we have to be very careful about such Internet shops. Internet shopping is not always easy and fast. We sometimes have to take a time to return and get enough service. Spalted maple should have more clear lines (see the 2nd figure). Defect of perfling is bad too.

I would return it.
    Last edited by zztush; 12-26-2017 at 05:21 AM.
    Kamaka HF-1 100

Actually, Mim sets all of her ukes up and it is free. She has great prices, too.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Thanks all. The back grew on me and I liked the feel and sound. The company was great to deal with and offered to either exchange it (they would cover shipping both ways) or take 15% off. I like the uke so I took the 15.
    Last edited by Brendan688; 12-26-2017 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Oops, spelling!

Thread Information