FS John S. Kinnard All Walnut Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurner

Reaction score
SOLD

This tenor was purchased new in 2013 directly from John Kinnard.

This uke has a wonderful high-gloss finish, typical of all Kinnard's work.

The neck is walnut reinforced with twin carbon-fiber truss rods. The bound and radiused fingerboard is rosewood as is the bridge and faceplace and tail strip. The look is understated and classy. The Kinnard logo is in MOP. Bone nut and saddle. PegHed tuners.

This uke comes with a Guardian hard case, plush and green color. I currently have it strung re-entrant with Southcoast mediums.

I describe the sound as "woody" and clean. The intonation and action were set up beautifully by John and this makes it a wonderful and easy player. Sustain is excellent. Very light and well-balanced. It's a pleasure to play.

No nicks, dings or scratches. It is in excellent condition and has been kept humidified in case from beginning.
I am selling this uke because we have to downsize a bit more in our new home in Burbank.

Here is a soundfile: https://app.box.com/s/aat4w931ga9yrayb9mft

Here is a YT clip playing "Waimanalo Blues": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9N8zhiTJg

The price is $1400 plus shipping CONUS. I prefer PayPal.

Attachments

• Top angle.jpg
    Top angle.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Lower bout angle.jpg
    Lower bout angle.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Neck heel.jpg
    Neck heel.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Headstock.jpg
    Headstock.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Thanks, Jan! I'm sure Trudy will like it just as much as she likes the Takamine - most likely more than the Takamine!

Hm . . . Bella does not like my ukes. Or maybe it's my playing!:eek:

Thank you, Campbell! I was definitely perusing the marketplace at exactly the right time. This is going to be fun.

Gorgeous in all ways... congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom