Season 306 "Blue will find us, and the sun"

Here's my first song for this week, Same Old Lang Syne, by Dan Fogelberg, a "song that offers a sense of reconciliation with the past." Sorry the video is so dark: I was house-sitting and couldn't find a good place to sit. But I hope you enjoy. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Old_Lang_Syne

Last edited:
comments from this morning.
it's New Years day here today and this was a lovely way to begin it, everyone.
thank you for these wonderful performances.

Alan Thornton "bees and birds and other things"
Yes. Minor chord melancholy. This is exactly how we think when we think about this thing called love. Thanks for this thought provoking version. We love it Alan.

Ukuleledaddy "Shine" Pat Benatar
We LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this Sean!!! So awesome brother. Better than the original! Smooth playing, powerful voice from your heart. Brilliant choice of song for the season. And thank you for filling us in on the inspiration behind it; we're guessing your beautiful daughters are as proud of their dad as he is of them. You have spoilt us this week man. Our friendship and love to you all. xoxo j&j

UkeintheHeartofTexas "Hilltops of Glory" traditional/gospel
Hey Alan, we just woke up and had a little argument and now we watched this!!!!! Now we're standing together on the Hilltops of Glory haha :) Seriously mate, this was THE healing tonic for two disagreeable souls this morning. Love your music man. What a song. Beautiful harmonies again. We be gonna learn this one. Thanks Alan. j&j

Jazzbanjorex "Shambala"
Brilliant sound on the ukulele, brilliant vocal. Catchiest song of the week, Rex. Inspiring, brother. Smashed it up totally, makes us want to learn it too, now. See you on the road. :) j&j

Kevin Griffin "The Birds and the Bees"
So brilliant, Kevin. Is that an Ono tenor? Man, nicest sounding uke we've heard this week and your playing is so spot on, the phrasing, your chord inversions, the arrangement. And your voice, wow, that voice. Joojoo is swooning man haha :) Thank you brother for this. j&j

Ivan Deanova Martinovitch "The Birds and the Bees"
haha we are laughing out loud watching this. this very very brilliant. :-D :-D :-D Thank you! j&j

dickadcock "All That We Have Is Now" Jesse Winchester
this makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, Dick. Your gentle, lovely vocals and the sweet sound of your strumming made this so nice to listen to. The sound from the dishwasher makes us feel as if we are there with you in the room. Can't pick a much more superb writer than Jesse Winchester to cover, huh. Thank you brother. j&j

Jodi Auborn "same Old Lang Syne" Dan Fogelberg
First of all, Jodi, the lighting in the room was lovely, really appropriate for the mood and substance of the song, and wow, how much do we love this song now after listening to you sing and play it. This was so lovely to listen to, the honesty and purity of your voice, it's fragility, the gentle fingerpicking. Just beautiful, thank you very much for playing for us this week. Our best wishes to you and your family for good things ahead this year. j&j

Jodi Auborn "Turning Toward The Mornuing" Gordon Bok
Gorgeous song, Jodi. Sure hope a lot of people begin to listen to your music; there's a light inside you when you sing, did you know that. And it's lovely. :) j&j

I love the Seasons for the songs I discover each week. I wasn't sure what "blue will find us and the sun" song I would sing until I heard this one on my Pandora station just the other day. A song I had never heard before, and might never have thought of again, except I knew this was the one I needed to learn for Season 306.

Happy New Year Jon and Joo!!

A (belated) Christmas Song

I always seem to be late to the Season's party when I manage to post, but this one is really late. I started working on this song for pabrizzer's Christmas song contest, but didn't get it done in time. Then I thought I could get it in for last week's Holiday Extravaganza, but again got sidetracked by life and all of it's wonders. Thanks to Jon and Joo for this week's theme of reconciliation and hope, because even though the day has passed, the story of Ebeneezer Scrooge fits right in, and this song is a retelling of that tale. Happy New Year, Seasonistas! :)

here are our comments on the final two song submissions for the week. :)

Myrnaukulele "Oh What a Beautiful World" Rodney Crowell
Rodney Crowell is a gem and so are you Maureen. Thank you for this song and years of heartfelt, beautiful performances. We hope that 2018 brings you and your family all that you hope for yourselves. Love and friendship j&j

John Liebler "Spirits in the Night"
Incredible john. Super arrangement, the way the instruments blend, and ebb and flow into and off each other. We especially loved the contrast between the electric guitar and the sweet stings towards the back end. Everything just works. We haven't even mentioned the excellent lyrics or your spot on vocal, or the mindblowing edit on the filmclip. You are one high class act brother. Peace and blessings to you and your family for the things that lay ahead for you all this coming year. j&j

thank you, everyone, for the wonderful music this week.
we'll be back later today or tomorrow with our favourite selections and prize offerings.
hope you are all enjoying the start of the new year with your friends and family
and having fun recording and watching the new videos for this season.
with love, j&j.

Well, It's been awhile since I've contributed to the Seasons and was hoping to get in on this one with 2 new videos but I'm having trouble with my youtube account and can't get them uploaded...Oh well, hopefully can get the bug fixed and put em up this week. Some great recordings were posted this week and I'm looking forward to checking out the one's I missed.

Happy New Year and Cheers to All!

Congrats again Jon & Joo...Live & Love & Be Happy Forever!

thank you, everyone, for an inspiring, uplifting and reflective week of incredible music,
fitting for the turning of a year.
beyond what you will see underneath,
we want also to give shout outs to Berni, Trent, Randy, Elmann, Ylle and Tina.
if you see your face anywhere in the video, please PM either joo or me with
a postal address where a gift might find you. :)
thank you Glenn and aspie for the sweet thoughts;
our love and best wishes to all season participants for everything that you hope for in 2018.
j&j

thank you, everyone, for an inspiring, uplifting and reflective week of incredible music,
fitting for the turning of a year.
beyond what you will see underneath,
we want also to give shout outs to Berni, Trent, Randy, Elmann, Ylle and Tina.
if you see your face anywhere in the video, please PM either joo or me with
a postal address where a gift might find you. :)
thank you Glenn and aspie for the sweet thoughts;
our love and best wishes to all season participants for everything that you hope for in 2018.
j&j

Love the theme music on this wrap up! So full of tone and feeling! And of course the live drawing is too cool as well!

I love this wrap up vid, and touched that you drew me and my stubble. Very humbled to be included there Jon & Joo. It was a heartfelt week with you two. Thanks, and congrats once again. Lovebirds.

Top Bottom