New Member From Canada

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am a new member from Calgary, AB Canada. I had a very casual relationship with the guitar when I was younger, but we lost touch years ago. I have been looking at picking up and learning ukulele for a while, and as my wife and I were discussing Christmas presents, we decided to go half and half on a ukulele.

Today I went to a local store, and purchased a Leho All-Solid Mahogany Concert Ukulele, and am excited to learn to play it. I have a coworker who plays, and she has said she'll help with some informal lessons.

I also found this forum today, and thought I would sign up and say hello. It looks like there is a wealth of information here, and I'm looking forward to digging in. Anyway... Nice meeting you all, and I hope to get to know you better.

Mike

Howdy Mike from a fellow Canuck. I live in Port Hope, Ontario, but my sister was in Calgary for a couple of decades, so I know it quite well. Do you know Calgary resident, John Rutherford? He's a member of the High Water Jug Band.

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the UU Forum. Lots of interesting and informative stuff here. Enjoy!
Jan (also a Canuck, but now living in Oregon)

Welcome aboard!

Hello from another fellow Canuck, there are a bunch of us here. This is the best ukulele site in the world. I know you will enjoy learning to play the ukulele and it will give you a lot of enjoyment.

Hi Mike,
Welcome. I have learned a lot here and I am sure you will learn a lot as well.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've been having a blast playing so far. Small problem though... My wife has stolen my ukulele! Maybe I'll have to get her a late Christmas present and pick up a soprano so we can learn together ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've been having a blast playing so far. Small problem though... My wife has stolen my ukulele! Maybe I'll have to get her a late Christmas present and pick up a soprano so we can learn together ;)

Sounds like a plan to me!:)

Well, we decided to stick with the same name. Picked up a Leho LHUS-MM for my wife today. We went to the same store we visited the other day, and the salesperson remembered me. He mentioned the ukulele I bought the other day had a Boxing Day sale price adjustment, so he knocked $75 off the price of my wifes' new ukulele. Was a very pleasant experience. Can't wait do duet Mary Had A Little Lamb together :)

A belated welcome Mike from Jim in Guelph ON. I also like the Leho brand of ukuleles. I have a Leho concert, mahogany laminate everything, top back and sides. It is called the Exotic Tahitian Sunset model. Very pretty to the eye and the Ear (the most important part for me) I really like the luthiery and the arch back similar to a violin. I am just catching up after internet outage. Stay warm.

Hey Mike! Also new to this site, also from Calgary. Let me know if you end up having really positive experiences from lessons you take.

Hello fellow canucks.

I'm also new to the site living on the east end of the GTA... I got the Uke bug when I went to Hawaii a month ago. I came back and found a used Magic Flea on Kijiji. It was about a 50 min drive to Waterdown, but the Flea only costed me $120! Tuners were loose but after tightening and changing strings she sounds purrrrrrdy.

Happy playing.

Top Bottom