365ukesongs

I posted this on Facebook to try and up the donations and was unexpectedly counter-challenged! My friend posted:

I'm sponsoring one lamp at £4 for every Ukulele-song I see and/or hear you play this year, including the 2 I've already seen.

Limited upwards to 50 lamps in the event that you should turn out to be a more prolific ukulele-player than I consider to be likely.

I'll do my best Steve... :D

Sparky

In case you have made a donation but not left your email address, here is an update I just sent out...

32 songs in, and just over £600 has been raised so far, enough to pay for 150 solar lamps to go out to Africa. But it doesn't end there. Those lamps will benefit about 650 people, and save those families more than £21000 in fuel costs over the approx. 3 year life of the lamps. Children will get about 150,000 extra hours of study, and over 159 tonnes of CO2 emissions will be saved. That's how valuable your donations are.

So thanks once again. Please keep spreading the word - tell your friends, and if you are on Twitter, you can follow @365UkeSongs and maybe re-tweet once in a while.

On to the next 333 songs...

OK folks, as promised a long time ago, I am throwing this open to anybody who wants to collaborate. For anyone who hasn't been watching, so far this year I have played 257 songs in 257 days, and the sponsorship has paid for 257 solar lamps for families in Africa. Just 108 more songs to go...

And I would love it if one of those songs featured a few of you wonderful Seasonistas.

I have just sat down and recorded a basic track of Goodnight Irene (video link & words & chords below). Feel free to record your own video, playing along to this one, and send me the link (PM me or email to sjpsjp at gmail dot com). When I have your renditions (say by the end of this month) I will try to stitch it all together. If you need to download my video, and YouTube won't let you, let me know - I don't know how you regular collaborators normally work.

One thing to point out - at the start of the video, I don't have a clapperboard, but I do "1-2-3-clap" and then pause before I count in the intro. If you could also do the clapperboard thing on your video, in time with mine, it will give me a visual cue to line the videos up.

RedPaul tells me that it is 3/4 time, at 156bpm if you need to know that!

So here we go - the video is at https://youtu.be/GaV8muC1DOs

[G] Irene good[D7]night. Irene good[G]night
[G]Goodnight I[G7]rene. Good[C]night I[Am]rene.
I'll [D7] see you in my [G] dreams. [D7][G]

[G]Last Saturday night I got [D7]married.
[D7]Me and my wife settled [G]down
[G]Now me and my [G7]wife are [C]parted[Am]
Gonna [D7]take another stroll down[G]town. [D7]

[G]Sometimes I live in the [D7]country.
[D7]Sometimes I live in the [G]town.
[G]Sometimes I [G7]take a great [C]notion. [Am]
To [D7]jump in the river and [G]drown. [D7]

[G]Stop ramblin', stop [D7]gamblin'
[D7]Stop stayin' out late at [G]night.
[G]Go home to your [G7]wife and [C]fam'ly[Am]
Stay [D7]there by the fireside [G]bright. [D7]
I'll [D7] see you in my [G] dreams.
I'll [D7] see you in my [G] dreams.

Over to you!

Last edited:
Ooh, that sounds ace Steve. I will try and get something done next week if I can work out what it is I have to do and how :D

I've sent you a couple of mp3 files Steve. Use or don't use as suits. Putting these things together can be a task - good luck with it all and I hope LOTS of seasonistas jump on board....

You got it, Steve. If we lose power because of Hurricane Florence, I’ll have the perfect opportunity to do a vid with the phone!

I've sent you a couple of mp3 files Steve. Use or don't use as suits. Putting these things together can be a task - good luck with it all and I hope LOTS of seasonistas jump on board....

Thanks Brian. An hour or two of playing around with some audio & video editors, and I think I have a way of combining all of the contributions.

OK folks, as promised a long time ago, I am throwing this open to anybody who wants to collaborate. For anyone who hasn't been watching, so far this year I have played 257 songs in 257 days, and the sponsorship has paid for 257 solar lamps for families in Africa. Just 108 more songs to go...

And I would love it if one of those songs featured a few of you wonderful Seasonistas.

I have just sat down and recorded a basic track of Goodnight Irene (video link & words & chords below). Feel free to record your own video, playing along to this one, and send me the link (PM me or email to sjpsjp at gmail dot com). When I have your renditions (say by the end of this month) I will try to stitch it all together. If you need to download my video, and YouTube won't let you, let me know - I don't know how you regular collaborators normally work.

Just a thought. Why don't you upload your video to say, box.com, or some other file sharing site? Then there'll be no problems at all downloading - and maybe everyone could also use that same site to share their contributions with you? Make things a lot simpler from the point of view of collating contributions. :)

Just a thought. Why don't you upload your video to say, box.com, or some other file sharing site? Then there'll be no problems at all downloading - and maybe everyone could also use that same site to share their contributions with you? Make things a lot simpler from the point of view of collating contributions. :)
Neat idea Paul, and I might go that way if people struggle.
However, if people do need to download my youtube video (or any other!) then https://en.savefrom.net/ does the trick - just paste the youtube link into the box, click on the blue arrow, and then choose the option to download in the browser. I have just used this to grab AlanDP's contribution, so it works.

OR...(thanks to RedPaul for this idea) you might be able to right-click on this link to download & save the video - https://goo.gl/N1AgrJ

Last edited:
So far I have contributions from Pa and AlanDP, both doing uke & harmony vocals on the chorus - sounds like I have the Everly Brothers behind me. Any other playalongs and singalongs welcome!
See post #25 in this thread for details, and post #34 if you need to download my video.

Ylle (Kolibri) has joined the band, although her cat didn't take part this time. All sounding good so far...:)

You have a message.

I want to be in the band too :)

Glad I stumbled on this thread today. I'll try to get something to you over the weekend Steve~

Top Bottom