365ukesongs

Earth calling Linda Louden - I sent you a PM - the videos you sent me links to don't seem to work.

I proudly present.....The Fabulous Seasonistas!

Huge thanks to Ylle, John, Linda, Alan, Mikkel, and Brian, for taking on this little task and making such a wonderful noise.
I have gone for the Wall Of Sound production approach, with everyone in all the way through. Brian's baritone uke is in the mix throughout, and he sings on the chorus, but he only sent a short video of the chorus, so I have used that on repeat.
Definitely the best band I have played with.:)

I proudly present.....The Fabulous Seasonistas!

Huge thanks to Ylle, John, Linda, Alan, Mikkel, and Brian, for taking on this little task and making such a wonderful noise.
I have gone for the Wall Of Sound production approach, with everyone in all the way through. Brian's baritone uke is in the mix throughout, and he sings on the chorus, but he only sent a short video of the chorus, so I have used that on repeat.
Definitely the best band I have played with.:)

Amazing! What a fine ensemble.

Nicely put together Steve. Sometimes thats not so easy. I thought this turned out terrific!

For the technically curious -

The individual videos were turned into mp3 audio files, and trimmed, lined up, & mixed in Audacity.
The videos were then trimmed by the same amounts in VideoPad, re-saved, and then overlaid one by one, again in VideoPad, before the final audio mix was added.
The only hiccup was the fact that my original performance speeded up slightly as it went on. Brian sent two audio tracks (baritone uke & chorus vocals), but only video for the intro and first chorus. So I cut that clip down to just the chorus, and inserted it for the next four choruses too. But, as things had speeded up a bit, by the final chorus, Brian's lips were still moving after the singing had finished. Fortunately, VideoPad let me speed up Brian's clip by half a second to get him back in line.

Great mixing and fine result! That was fun, I'm honored to be in such a band.

This was fun to participate in, it is a great excersize to play along with others, and this turned out quite awesome and nice!
I someone wants do cooperate on some Seasons theme, I would like to do more like this.

The production on that is brilliant Steve! And fantastic playing all.

For the technically curious -

The individual videos were turned into mp3 audio files, and trimmed, lined up, & mixed in Audacity.
The videos were then trimmed by the same amounts in VideoPad, re-saved, and then overlaid one by one, again in VideoPad, before the final audio mix was added.
The only hiccup was the fact that my original performance speeded up slightly as it went on. Brian sent two audio tracks (baritone uke & chorus vocals), but only video for the intro and first chorus. So I cut that clip down to just the chorus, and inserted it for the next four choruses too. But, as things had speeded up a bit, by the final chorus, Brian's lips were still moving after the singing had finished. Fortunately, VideoPad let me speed up Brian's clip by half a second to get him back in line.

Yeah, I was thinking that must have been a big job getting all those different clips synced. I don't think my computer has the capacity to handle that many different videos at one time.

Yeah, I was thinking that must have been a big job getting all those different clips synced. I don't think my computer has the capacity to handle that many different videos at one time.

Nor does mine! My old laptop has struggled in the past combining 3 videos at once, so I added them one at a time, and exported a new file after each one - so it took six steps to get the final result.

Steve's just completed his 365th song! What an achievement!!!

Congratulations Steve on meeting your goals of playing a song a day and hitting your fundraining goal. I hope you take some well deserved time off. Happy new year.

I hope you take some well deserved time off.
Time off? From this place? Never.
What I might do is put the plastic uke to one side for a while, and get back to the wooden ones which have been sitting there almost untouched for a year.
Thanks to everyone here for your support. It's been a fun year.:cool:

Congratulations, Steve! Well done! How many sets of strings did you go through?

Congratulations Steve and to all those families that you have provided for. You and your efforts have not gone unnoticed!

Your the man!

Top Bottom