Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Estrellita - Solo Ukulele

Default Estrellita - Solo Ukulele

This is my arrangement of a beautiful piece of music written by Manuel Ponce. Played on an Ohana TK35G high G! I hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas to you all.
    Last edited by MikeHollandGuitar; 12-29-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Absolutely gorgeous Mike, beautifully played & arranged, bravo
    All the best,
    Campbell

Another great one......Thanks for sharing .
    Happy New Year !
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thank you Brenda and Campbell, happy New Year to the both of you......Mike

Wow, this is beautiful! Wish I could play as well as you.
    Happy New Year!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for lifting my spirits with your beautiful music. I needed that, especially tonight. Happy New Year to you!
    Margaret, lontg-time classical guitarist
    Concert: Kala ziricote KA-ZCT-C - D'Addario Titanium gCEA
    Tenor: Kala solid mahogany, KA-SMHT - Fremont Black Line gCEA
    Baritone: Kala solid cedar top acacia, KA-ABP-CTG - DGBE (NYL034W, NYL029W, Savarez Alliance KF74 .030", KF64 .025")

Beautiful playing, but isn't that an Ohana Tk35G?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a ukulele player, then always be a ukulele player
    Unknown

Thank you Nickie,Twokatmew and Ukecaster. Sorry it is a TK35G.......I should read my posts more carefully before pressing the reply button. It is a beautiful tune and that alone inspired me to arrange and play it. happy New Year everybody! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHollandGuitar View Post
    Thank you Nickie,Twokatmew and Ukecaster. Sorry it is a TK35G.......I should read my posts more carefully before pressing the reply button. It is a beautiful tune and that alone inspired me to arrange and play it. happy New Year everybody! Mike
    I have a Kala solid mahogany, satin finish. I'm thinking about adding a second tenor to have one with high G and one with low. I've been eyeing the TK-35G and the TK-35 (satin finish). Does your TK-35GS have fret markers on the side? I know that some Ohanas do and some don't. Also, I know some say a satin finish offers improved sound. But I do love the gloss finish on my Kala baritone. I think I'll buy gloss if/when I can find it. Would you mind sharing your thoughts? Happy New Year to you, too!
    Margaret, lontg-time classical guitarist
    Concert: Kala ziricote KA-ZCT-C - D'Addario Titanium gCEA
    Tenor: Kala solid mahogany, KA-SMHT - Fremont Black Line gCEA
    Baritone: Kala solid cedar top acacia, KA-ABP-CTG - DGBE (NYL034W, NYL029W, Savarez Alliance KF74 .030", KF64 .025")

Hi Twokatmew, I have since added a low G to the Ohana and I must say that I prefer it. It just makes more sense to me. The TK35G does not have fret markers on the side. It also bizarrely has the dot marker on fret 10 rather than fret 9.....? That through me a little at first but I have found out you get used to anything if you play the instrument long enough. I also play Flamenco guitar and there are no fret or side markers at at all. You do get used to it. I have not got any real experience of different ukuleles so it is difficult for me to make any comparative comments. I will say that the Ohana sounds imho really nice. It seems to have a warm mellifluous tone which I enjoy. I can't really imagine there being any noticeable difference between a matt finished instrument and a gloss finished instrument unless the lacquer is applied with different thicknesses! The one thing that does throw me a little is the G string is a bit close to the edge of the fretboard and if I am not careful I can push the string of the board. Then again you get used to what you have and play accordingly. Overall I have to say I am very pleased with the Ohana and think that if mine is representative of the Ohana range then you should not be dissapointed. Happy New Year!

Thread Information