Any uke related holiday presents?

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I was given one of those dremel-style rotary tool kits, by WEN. I've never owned one, but have often had the need for one, for musical instrument related cutting/sanding (pickguards, etc). Will be great for that, and other fine cutting/sanding applications. I'll maybe try to cut a sound port on a cheap uke. How about you?

WEN.jpg

I got a Dremel a couple of years ago for just those reasons you describe. It's come in very handy for that and many other uses.

I've been playing bass uke with The CC Strummers for a few years so I don't get to play my uke too often. A couple of weeks ago I joined an acoustic Meetup group that sits in the park every Sunday so I could play uke more. They pass out music but instead of transposing the key, they just use a capo, so I bought myself a ukulele capo as a Hanukkah gift.

... as a Hanukkah gift.

Nothing yet for me. I want to see what comes out of Winter NAMM in January.

The only thing I'd really be interesting in is an iPhone SE and/or an iPad Mini, but lack the budget for them right now.

I have a free low-end Android phone that only works on T-Mobile and I could swap the SIM card to an iDevice.

I really hate Android as a phone, and the fact that Google knows my movements, and whom I am communicating with by default. Yes, you can minimize this to a point, but then none of the location services (GPS navigation) work very well and this device cannot be unlocked and flashed with LineageOS or Ubuntu Touch (via UBPorts), either of which will allow me to use an 'Android' device with an alternate operating system.

The only thing I'd really be interesting in is an iPhone SE...

(Sorry for the Hijack.) When the 6s came out, my twin brother convinced me to to buy the big Plus, but after a few months I disliked the size so much that when my trade in comes in a couple of months, I'm going to the SE.

I got a smart TV for my bar in the basement so that I can cast YouTube videos to it and watch them. I always like looking for tutorials on YouTube, not just ukulele either, and watch them. So now I don't have to hunch over my laptop to do so. I can also sit down there and watch Netflix shows that my wife doesn't like to watch.

Yep, we got two tickets to see Jake in February!

I do like Google and got the Pixel 2 XL . Did not receive any ukulele items, but gave four ukuleles as gifts. Great to pay it forward and see the grandkids loving their ukes.

Well sort of christmas related and sort of uke related. I gave myself a very small indulgence and bought a Thalia capo with the Koa wood laser engraved plumeria design. I was planning on playing a lot of carols on baritone uke at our various holiday gatherings and having a capo comes in very handy for the inevitable key changes when your chord chart is not quite in the range you hoped would be suitable for the group.

I have stuggled with a Shubb uke capo but always had intonation issues with it or the tension adjuster just wouldn't work with my uke of choice. The Thalia is large but has the perfect tension and supports any neck radius (or lack thereof) with its interchangeable pads. I'm amazed how easily I can stay in tune with it on any fret. A worthwile investment!

Top Bottom