Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Was a Merry Christmas.... then.... OOOPS

Default It Was a Merry Christmas.... then.... OOOPS

This thread is going to be a story thread. Hopefully not many people will have stories like mine, but I know some will.

It was yesterday on Christmas. I was playing my Cordoba concert ukulele the night before and I set it up on the side of the bed when I was done. The next day my family and I are getting ready to go to my sisters house and outside I hear a car screeching its tires, sounding like an accident is about to happen. I jumped up quickly to look out the window, my uke fell over from my bed and BAM, my heel goes right through the top of it. I'm a pretty big person and I'm actually surprised how easily my foot went through. There is a giant hole in the bottom half of my uke and my foot starts gushing blood from wood splinters sticking out of it. I had to pull about 4 big splinters out of the bottom of my foot. The ukulele is ruined 100%.

I do have other ukes, but I really loved this one. It was more of a "beater uke" for when I don't play my KoAloha or KPK ukes, so it's not AS important, but man did that hurt both physically and emotionally.

Does anyone have any stories of breaking their ukuleles? No matter how small the break or scratch was, I'd like to hear that I'm not alone here!

Here's the damage.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

My heartfelt condolences, sir! That would not be fun from either perspective. Some neosporine wood be good and put some on your foot also. Cuddle your other ukes for comfort!

sopher

Oh my gosh, ouch, ouch, so sorry for your loss.
    Kathryn

Yow! Scratches and dings for sure but nothing that catastrophic yet. The only "bright side" is like you say - at least it wasn't the Koaloha.
    Current Stable:
    -Ohana TKS-15E Tenor - Eb cuatro
    -Iriguchi Keystone Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    -Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE, steel string
    -KPK pineapple SLN - GCEA
    -Cocobolo 16" SC#1 - gCEA, SC SLMU
    -Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    -Imua iET - Bb, M600
    -Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    -Rogue bari
    Once upon a time:
    -RISA Concert Stick
    -Bruko sop. custom #6
    -Lanikai lam hog bari
    -Kala SLNG
    -Bruko bari
    -Gold Tone BUT

Jim's Blog

I guess there's probably a moral to this story?
    All the best,
    Campbell

I only had my uke drop once because I was in a hurry and thought I’d latched the case. It frazzled me all the way to my lesson. That was enough to keep me uke-mindful to present day. Apparently, it happens. Ive also heard of people driving over their stringed instruments because they left them atop their cars, etc, but never a foot through the uke while watching to see an accident happen. Of course, it’s gonna happen with your most played/loved uke. What would we learn if we didn’t care?

How was the car btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    I guess there's probably a moral to this story?
    The uke should have been in the bed? You now can play more airy music? You really put your foot down? Don't be so one sided?

Seriously, too bad on the accident, glad you're ok, and that it wasn't a high end uke.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a ukulele player, then always be a ukulele player
    Unknown

Apparently Roy Smeck used to sleep with his uke
    All the best,
    Campbell

Sorry for your loss . You seem to had a few unfortunate events this year if I remember correctly. 2017 is coming to an end. Better luck in the new year!
    Glad your foot is ok. Uke can be replaced and happy it’s not your koaloha!
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Train View Post
    I only had my uke drop once because I was in a hurry and thought I’d latched the case.
    I learned that lesson years ago gigging with my Gibson ES-335 in a band back in the 60s. NEVER close an instrument case without closing the latches!

Thread Information