Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It Was a Merry Christmas.... then.... OOOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    Do you do that on porpoise?
    Whale.. to be honest.. yes I do
    If your uke is too loud, your neighbours are wrong.

Ouch. Glad your foot wasn't hurt worse!

Well, at least you have some humor about it and the UU clan is clearly working to help you smile. Someday you'll look back and laugh about it.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

I was talking to fiddleist Richard Green once, and he was showing me his latest fiddle. He said he got mad because he kept messing up a solo, so he threw it through the screen door. After practically demolishing it, he rebuilt it. Looked pretty good to me, and sounded great.

Our cats have knocked two of my ukes off tables onto the floor, which is laminate. They both sustained scars, which are barely visible. The kitties were forgiven.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Totally forgot I made this thread lol. I can't reply to everyone, but yeah I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Like someone said, I've had a lot of bad things happen this year, so I've learned to deal with the small stuff. As someone asked, the back and the sides seem pretty good, but I wouldn't try and repair it by putting another top on it or anything. Just gunna chalk this one up as a $150 loss and enjoy my other 3 ukes. Maybe it will be replaced one day.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

I reckon you've probably had your $150 worth out of it in sheer pleasure - this is how I would look at it.

(Basically, I never think about how much anything cost after I've bought them - I just enjoy them.)
    Last edited by Croaky Keith; 12-29-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Oh no! Those Cordobas are nice, I've played a few in stores, I was really impressed. I am sure you can replace yours with an equally nice-sounding one.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Thread Information