It Was a Merry Christmas.... then.... OOOPS

Just think. You can be the Willie Nelson of the uke world! :rofl:

More like the Bill Monroe (Willie's is play wear, no?)

Never totaled an instrument like that, but once back in high school after a rehearsal, I was about to put my violin back in its second-tier locker, when this kid I didn't like too much (and less, after this) suddenly poked me in the ribs. A real funny-bone thing, out of the blue, which startled me so much that I dropped the instrument, which sustained a four inch crack. We got it repaired for something like $75 (huge back then), and the kid was even more of a jerk by not even offering to help pay.

bratsche

I put a gash in my brand new Dominator ukulele the day after I got it. I placed it in its case on the floor but didn't zip up the case and when someone picked up the case to move it, the ukulele fell out. I've been told the gash is repairable, but I'm sure it will leave a scar and I haven't had the use of the uke since then because it's off being repaired.

Sorry about your ukulele and your foot. I hope you're able to replace the ukulele and that your foor heals quickly.

How are the sides and back? Maybe this is an opportunity to upgrade the uke with a nice ceder or spruce top?

More like the Bill Monroe (Willie's is play wear, no?)

Never totaled an instrument like that, but once back in high school after a rehearsal, I was about to put my violin back in its second-tier locker, when this kid I didn't like too much (and less, after this) suddenly poked me in the ribs. A real funny-bone thing, out of the blue, which startled me so much that I dropped the instrument, which sustained a four inch crack. We got it repaired for something like $75 (huge back then), and the kid was even more of a jerk by not even offering to help pay.

bratsche

Yes, Willie's is play wear but the end result is much the same.

That kid sounds like a real waste of space. I wonder how he turned out? The least he could have done is offered to help pay for the repair.

I think I would cry!

Ouch. Glad your foot wasn't hurt worse!

Well, at least you have some humor about it and the UU clan is clearly working to help you smile. Someday you'll look back and laugh about it.

I was talking to fiddleist Richard Green once, and he was showing me his latest fiddle. He said he got mad because he kept messing up a solo, so he threw it through the screen door. After practically demolishing it, he rebuilt it. Looked pretty good to me, and sounded great.

Our cats have knocked two of my ukes off tables onto the floor, which is laminate. They both sustained scars, which are barely visible. The kitties were forgiven.

Totally forgot I made this thread lol. I can't reply to everyone, but yeah I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Like someone said, I've had a lot of bad things happen this year, so I've learned to deal with the small stuff. As someone asked, the back and the sides seem pretty good, but I wouldn't try and repair it by putting another top on it or anything. Just gunna chalk this one up as a $150 loss and enjoy my other 3 ukes. Maybe it will be replaced one day.

I reckon you've probably had your $150 worth out of it in sheer pleasure - this is how I would look at it. :)

(Basically, I never think about how much anything cost after I've bought them - I just enjoy them.)

Last edited:
Oh no! Those Cordobas are nice, I've played a few in stores, I was really impressed. I am sure you can replace yours with an equally nice-sounding one.

Top Bottom