Nud: Larrivee barritone

SoloRule

Reaction score
Good uke always come knocking when I am not looking.

UU member Doc J found me this beauty. Downupdave who is
my biggest enabler , immediately jumped on my case so I don't miss out again.

This is a NEW old inventory built in 2016. Never been out of the shop. It still has the strong new wood smell. Jean Larrivee has been a long time guitar builder in Canada. He became American , now living in Calif so Larrivee is now made in U.S.A.

Most baritone I played sound muddy. This one has a crisp bright sound to it because of the spruce top.

I changed out the original strings to Martin but found it too thin for my playing style. Camsuke put a pack of Mya Moe on a slow boat from Australia. I will do another video once I have the new strings. So you see, this is a team effort ! ;)

I put together a short video that is self explanatory to spare you the trouble of reading long text. Please welcome my new born - The Zebra

MUSIC : arranged by Camsuke. If you like the tab, he may share it with you. :eek:

Last edited:
Super job on the video.

Everyone needs a Dave to enable them. Lol

That has a very nice guitar type of tone, I liked it within the first 30 seconds I played it. I am glad I could help you spend your money:music:

Last edited:
Very nice, and great playing!

Love it, Brenda! Congrats on a very fine addition. The video sets a new bar in NUD announcements.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Brenda, that is a super looking and sounding ukulele. Nice playing, Sounds very evocative. Between CAMUKES tab and your skilled fingers that was great. Well done video as well. Informative and entertaining. Dave has been an enabler for me as well, his encouragement has converted me to becoming predominantly a Baritone player. It’s a good thing I don’t live closer to him or I would be broke and my wife will have thrown me and my ukuleles out on the street.

Thank you all for sharing my excitement .
I know I can always count on you guys to cheer for me. :cheers:
Getting tired of comments from the real world: 'how many pair of hands do you have' or 'are you opening a music store' . :( UU is a better world.

OSPREY : There is great adventage living close to downupdave. He buys I play. He tells me it's about time "I buy, he plays".

Very Impressive - the video, the uke, the playing and the arrangement! Congratulations!

Mitch

Congratulations my friend, this is an addition I approve of! ;)

Baritones are great for adding something a little different to one's plethora of ukes, and I've always been impressed with the value provided by Larrivée. Great catch, enjoy it!

Congratulations my friend, this is an addition I approve of! ;)

Baritones are great for adding something a little different to one's plethora of ukes, and I've always been impressed with the value provided by Larrivée. Great catch, enjoy it!

I will drag it to Zurich in April . Lol
You don’t approve my Enya????

Last edited:
Very nice Brenda. Congrats!
I think you should do a tutorial on making You Tube videos!
(Just for us UUers)

The thing I liked about this baritone was the size, balance and proportioning. The overall size is on the medium side making it very comfortable to play. As you can hear it has a nice sweet tone with a good balance of lows, mid and treble. I love Larrivee, partly because he started making guitars in Toronto (my home town) and because his instruments have always had a classy appearance coupled with great sound. Just for the record Doc J was as much an enabler on this one as I was........well almost as much:eek:.

WOW Brenda! :)

I am SPEECHLESS now. :drool:

Thanks for sharing. :music:

Top Bottom