Kala PWC opinion

ThunderBell

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying the kala-cem but this Christmas a relative give me the kala pwc. It os very beautiful but I amigos thinking about changing It forma the cem. I like this more than the CEM but I don't know If It is good for a begginer (most of the reviews mention the ksla ce or the CEM). Is the sound of welnut very differrnt yo mahogany?

The Kala-KA series used to have rosewood fingerboards, but not lately.
Mine that I bought last august had from what I understand walnut fingerboard and bridge.

I like that walnut fingerboard and what I have read it is quite ok too for instruments like ukulele.

From what I read Kala-PCW comes with rosewood fingerboard that is getting scarce to have from CITES restictions, so you are in luck with that one.

Main thing is, it is a laminate uke, so how thin the top is what really counts for the sound. Whether it is mahogany or walnut :)

I'm all the way with Keith and Jarmo: With a laminate instrument, the sound will not be that much different between the two models mentioned. The different wood options of veneer are mostly about looks. And in this regard, to me, the Pacific Walnut is a clear winner. I say keep the one you got and be happy with it, it's a great ukulele that will sound just as good as the other.

Not a direct comparison, but I recently bought a walnut bass uke from Rondomusic.com and there's no difference in sound from the acacia koa I have.

I'd keep the one you have. It should be a fine uke as a beginner but also something you can grow with.

Top Bottom