Season 307 - One A Day!!

Maybe the 3rd or 4th song I learned, and the first by watching someone play it on YT. Thanks Ukulele Mike. You’ll be missed.

Also, best wishes for tight weather stripping and operating furnaces to everyone on the east coast. We were back on Cape Cod and in southern New Hampshire visiting family for the week or so around Christmas, and I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to spend 6 and 1/2 hours on a plane as I was when I saw what was coming a day or two after we left.

307 #5

Had to pick an easy one due to the brutal cold. Not much time to rehearse. Grabbed the Ohana from its humidified sanctuary, too. I really love this uke and wish I could have it out all the time during the winter.

A 1955 doo-wop hit for the El Dorados. Today I'm playing my little Kala Waterman.

A Squeeze song for you. Chris Difford writes some great lyrics, but really Chris, less is more...

Here's a Jimmy C Newman song from the early 60's that I think transfers to ukulele well. I'm trying out a different low G on my new cigar box uke, and this song has a lot of picking on the low G.

Well, when I put in for hosting this week, a while ago, I thought I might get a few people posting after the Holidays, just to relieve their boredom, but you lot have kept me busy, you've already brought along 107 videos, & there's still a couple of days to go!

Thanks for starting the new year off so well, & happy uking. :D

Entry No. 6 .............This time some Phil and Don .........

Sorry if I’m stepping on your toes Trent with this one. When Steve did Nothing Rhymed you mentioned you were a big fan of G O’S, and were thinking of doing Matrimony. I love that song and I’ve been playing it a while now, so I just had to........
(Incidentally the uke is an unbranded Freshman concert Uke I bought my son yesterday. He lives in Liverpool so he might need to wait a day or two, or three, or four etc to get it. This is a kind of test drive I guess :cool:)

Sorry if I’m stepping on your toes Trent with this one. When Steve did Nothing Rhymed you mentioned you were a big fan of G O’S, and were thinking of doing Matrimony. I love that song and I’ve been playing it a while now, so I just had to........
(Incidentally the uke is an unbranded Freshman concert Uke I bought my son yesterday. He lives in Liverpool so he might need to wait a day or two, or three, or four etc to get it. This is a kind of test drive I guess :cool:)
[video=youtube_share;Re5s4mNdPSk]https://youtu.be/Re5s4mNdPSk[/ideo]

I really liked the Freshman ukes i tried out in a shop a few months ago.

I really liked the Freshman ukes i tried out in a shop a few months ago.
I tried a few, a couple of Kalas, a few Snails, one a really lovely Tenor too, but I really liked the tone of this one. To be honest am tempted to keep this and give him my concert Flea, then get another Flea, or Fluke later in the year....:iwant:

Yo, Comrades!

Moscow Nights is close to being my favorite tune (melodic line), following "Come Back to Sorrento."

I only did 2 of the 3 verses in this particular translation. I think the lyrics are good, but the tune is haunting. I went through the repeated musical progression again at the end because one might want to learn it as a chord melody song. It lends itself pretty well to it. I used an alternate fingering for B7 because I was more likely to do it cleanly, and I liked the sound. (0234 instead of 2232)

Last edited:
Top Bottom