Season 307 - One A Day!!

Day four brings a fare well. I almost never play re-entrant, but I recently picked up this beautiful Maui Music Tenor and wanted to use it for a song this week. Probably hard to hear it on the recording, but this ukulele has some really sweet overtones . . .

It seems I missed a day, where did that go?

Here's one of my favorite Jim Lauderdale songs, which was a big hit as a duet for Patty Loveless and George Jones. Thought I'd give it a whirl.

Here is my thursday song, I tried this yesterday and was not convinced I could pull it off. I think I almost did.
This is a U2 song from the new album (duh ;)) with a great message, it is called Love is bigger then anything in it's way.

Another day another song. And today's video is lit by a SolarAid lamp. All you generous people have already raised enough to get 90 of these little marvels sent out to people who really need them. Thank You!

Ha! You should check your hex value. Mine is 49, back when I was too hexy for my shirt. ;) As anon. said, we are but a graphic representation of our data.

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Since we are into ages here is a croaky old man's song
Note how subtly the sunsets go dark as the tune hits the
title of the song. Stay for the visuals if not for the desperation
in the vocals. Dylan seems to be contemplating his own mortality.
It is something you do when you get old, and it is not something
the young should concern themselves with.

If you’re familiar with the comedy series, Father Ted, you will know this tune. I can’t remember if Neil Hannon wrote it without words first and added them later, or the other way round. Oh, and I’m feeling much better now. :D

Here's my third. I've recently discovered Townes Van Zandt. Someone early on in the seasons was praising him but I never really followed it up. About six months ago, someone did Tecumseh Valley at local open mics a couple of times and I thought "Wow what a song". Very sad but powerful. Anyway, here's my effort.

Didn't finish work until late this evening so just managed this quickie as my Entry No.5 ..........

Last edited:
My computer’s been broken for the last two weeks. Though it’s under warranty, it may be weeks before I have it back. I’ve been one of the few people without alternate devices to access the Internet. So I broke down and bought an iPad Mini, but I maybe should have gone with a cheap laptop. This is my first video made using the iPad, and it’s pretty frustrating. I have to use multiple apps to do anything on YouTube. And I can’t even pull the “Eisley presents” title card off my external hard drive.

Anyway, we’re in the middle of a blizzard here, on our way to a foot or so of snow (30 cm). All that’s coming to mind are winter songs. So here’s a song by Genesis called “Snowbound”.

Top Bottom