Season 307 - One A Day!!

continuing in the French vein day 2 with ces't si bon(English Lyric)

Here is my day 2 entry, it might surprise you all, but it is a U2 song from the new album ;). This is called the Lights of Home.

Here's a Loretta Lynn song I thought was appropriate for New Years day. She is such a brilliant songwriter in my opinion, just so clever with her lines and phrases. I also used this as a test to play my cigar box uke standing up, and doing some picking on it.

This will be my only chance to post anything this week but I'm glad I've managed to record something. I first heard River Of Salt done by Bryan Ferry on his 1973 album These Foolish Things and I've liked it ever since. It was only recently I came across the original version by Ketty Lester which I prefer even to Bryan's.

307 #2

For New Year's Day. Get 2018 started right. Truck your blues away!

On my concert Fluke with freshly installed Grover 6B tuning pegs. They turn like butter ...

Wicked Game

Having been a bit absent lately, I better get back in the game and make at least one video this week, since I host next week :)

I usually prefer restricting themes, but it is also really nice to get a chance to record the songs that I have been fooling around with anyway. It allows for better practiced songs.

It is surprising how easily the guitar tabs I found online for Chris Isaac's Wicked Game translated to reentrant Ukulele.

I might also consider that song I didn't manage to learn properly doing that other season a few weeks back... We will see, I starta new job tomorrow, might be to busy.

Last edited:
Managed to get one done, despite some family difficulties.

This is a very early one from back in the days when relationships were a maze and I never seemed to be able to find the centre or the exit. I thought it was from 1974 (which is what it says in the credits) - but I later checked and found I had it noted down as 1978. That is odd, because I am fairly sure I wrote it about my girlfriend in 1973/4. But perhaps I was just remembering back to her, four years after finally breaking free of that manipulative relationship. Songs like this are usually cathartic and the purge of bottled up emotion means the negativity loses its power over you. Seems to have worked here ;)

I got the season number wrong in the intro.

On of the cool things about the ukulele as compared to its 6-stringed cousin the guitar is that you can carry a uke with you in your carry-on while flying. A guitar, you gotta check that in.

I guess it was earlier this morning, I dunno, times and days get confused when you're traveling internationally. I do know that it was just after a very unspectacular NYE at the new airport in Bangkok. I think I was in the bathroom peeing at the exact moment of the new year..

So, the vacation is over. I'm back in Yangon, I hope 2018 will be a great ukulele-playing year.

I'm absolutely lost without my Tenor after two strings bust within a week of purchasing them (not best pleased with Aquila) so its been a while since I picked up the Soprano and attempted to sing something . After scrolling down the list on Scorpex I decided to just pick one and roll the phonevid as a one taker...........

Last edited:
Day 2 submission. Not happy with the audio quality but I liked the take. Playing my Les Stansell Flamenca-lele baritone. This is a Townes Van Zandt tune ~ To Live is to Fly

A quick one for the Birthday Girl.
Yesterday was the last birthday of 2017.
Today is the first of 2018!
Now just 14 more grandkids to go.

Day 2, not sure if I can stay the whole week, but we're rollin'

Top Bottom