Season 307 - One A Day!!

Friday with my Lanikai bari. This is an original song that I wrote around 1980, but never fully finished the lyrics. I finally did so for the Season.

Yesterday, today and tomorrows songs are from a "Womenfolk" record that I listened to a lot as a kid. The Womenfolk was an all women's group from the mid 60's. They all had strong alto voices and all played the guitar. I loved them and still do. Their songs have stayed with me all these years.

307 #6

Leadbelly wrote or performed a lot of songs that are pretty cool on the uke. IMO, this is one of them. On my koa Flea soprano (sorry it didn't show up better on the video).

I had intended a different song today, but had to give it up in frustration. Shouldn’t be that hard, but it was for some reason. So I did this in 1 take instead. This is my first, “I’m getting too comfortable just strumming and need to break through a ceiling” song. It’s been a regular for a couple of years, but I haven’t played it for a SOTU (though others have). Plus we haven’t had any Kinks yet this season. Anyway, enough rambling...

next to thinking of silly rhymes and building unfeasibly repetitive songs around them, and of course doing :bowdown: marc bolan covers, my other fave thing to do on uke is hawkwind songs

so here's one

"space is deep" (you can't argue with that :rolleyes:)

Sorry I couldn't post on day 5. As you will hear in my voice, I'm battling some breathing issues. Being allergic to cats, and having 9 of them doesn't help :uhoh: Anyway, I wanted to get back in the saddle here with a Guy Clark collaboration called Magnolia Wind! Cheers!

It was NUD yesterday but I've only had time to do a video this morning.

As chronicled in the general chat thread, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the sound I want due to how the neck pickup is set up.

But here's some Cure in the meantime.

Here's the next one from me, courtesy of Nick Lowe.

Here's a Jim Lauderdale bluegrass song I just heard for the first time the other day, but I like it, so I worked it up. Sorry to subject you to some banjo uke Keith! lol

Here's an original I wrote a few months ago.

If you want to hear a more "produced" version of this song, you can hear it on my originals-only channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Z7f10lM64

We hauled in all our gear
And plugged the speakers in
We checked our cords and cables
And I was tuning my four-string when
In a wheelchair came old Maggie
Yes, she was really getting on
But she was smiling 'cause she knew we'd play
Some good old gospel songs

We opened up with a lively tune
That old Ring of Fire,
Maggie clapped politely, but that