Season 307 - One A Day!!

Today's practice was with the metronome. I planned to post a recording with it but the metronome couldn't keep up so I had to fire it!
Incidentally, I have used a different uke in each vid so far.
This is my Redwood Boathouse Uke #20 that I won here in season 175, made by Doug Frink who has been missing from the seasons for too long. His ukes are a delight. You may have noticed there is about (5?) of us that have one.

Metronome probably needs new batteries, when was the last time it saw the light of day. :rotfl:

Yes, I had noticed that a few of you had been lucky enough to win one of his ukes, hope he's OK. :)

Did I miss a playlist link to YT somewhere Keith? I haven’t been able to find one and I can’t convince myself it’s not me because it didn’t bite me on the nose. Thanks

Yesterday's early start was to allow me to catch a train to London. About this time last year, my daughter persuaded me to apply for tickets to see "Hamilton" when it opened here. Amazingly, we ended up with seats in the centre of the third row of the stalls. And I have to say, it was one of the best things I have ever seen. A wonderful show.

Anyway, back home now, and the founder of SolarAid contacted me yesterday to ask for this song. How could I refuse?

Everyone's going through their various ukes today... I'm down to my Dolphin. It's just occurred to me I've done the wrong Bowie song on this uke. Should have done 'Heroes'. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Day four of the Season, Day Two of the "Randy's Voice Is Shot" tour. I'm playing my Epiphone Les Paul electric, and I multi-tracked by picking the middle bit and a second whistling line.

This one's just no 2 and I'm not sure how many more I'll manage. The song is by Teesside Songwriter, Graeme Miles. The River Leven Rises in the North Western corner of the North York Moors and flows into the Tees near Yarm. The photos are not of Levendale as, unfortunately I don't have any but are of a village called Glaisdale which is actually in Eskdale as the Esk rises nearby but flows east to the sea at Whitby.

This is just a song that I've been wanting to try covering for a long time. One of the old guitar players, named Otis, with nursing home band likes to do this song often. I always sing some harmony vocal for him in the chorus.

Multi-tracked a couple of simple lead lines on the same ukulele that I'm playing in the video, and added the harmony part that I always sing for Otis.

And I managed to play halfway decent B minor! That fingering has always been hard for me.

#4 Long Tall Texan and bleeding for the cause.
I pulled out my Tenor Pono for something different.
It is strung with some Guadalupe Custume Low strings.
I had forgotten how rough these strings are :/

Top Bottom