Season 307 - One A Day!!

307 #7

Banjos and banjoleles were made to play old gospel/spiritual numbers. So here's a classic.

Saturday! This is one of my all-time favorite songs. I love Moby. I'm playing my Koa Concert electric Flea.

307 Saturday

My wife actually suggested that I bring the solid ukulele and recording equipment to the motel room. We attending a wedding.

I hope I didn’t tease this too much in the YT comments for Benji’s cracking rendition of “Monosyllabic Girl”. It just reminded me of this number I figured out by ear with a colleague, by request, when we were in the middle of nowhere last winter.

I hope I didn’t tease this too much in the YT comments for Benji’s cracking rendition of “Monosyllabic Girl”. It just reminded me of this number I figured out by ear with a colleague, by request, when we were in the middle of nowhere last winter.

Unbelievable! You won’t believe it, so here’s my chord sheet offered as proof. I was going to do this one this morning, but I injured my strumming finger while hand washing a blender and gave it up as a bad job. 😂 It’s just crazy that you would do this song on this week when we can chose any song. Great job with it!

82394F74-379F-421F-942B-0C7C59A51EA6.jpg

Unbelievable! You won’t believe it, so here’s my chord sheet offered as proof. I was going to do this one this morning, but I injured my strumming finger while hand washing a blender and gave it up as a bad job. �� It’s just crazy that you would do this song on this week when we can chose any song. Great job with it!

:rotfl:

Thanks. I hope you’re finger isn’t too badly injured.

I can’t believe I have not been here all week. Anyway, rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I love playing this song on my bari 8. So I will play it.
The Smiths- This Charming Man

SOTU 307: THE RIVERS ARE RISING AGAIN - Original Song by Dennis & Evelyn Danner

"One A Day!" Heck, this is one that took "all" day! It's a re-do of one of our originals that I have done before for SOTU, but it served as another classroom exercise to learn my way around "Final Cut Pro," and try my hand at more complicated multi-tracking with other instruments and some harmonies! Sure glad I had Evelyn to help on the performance part!

Sunday song.
Uke - Makala Waterman
Hat - Akubra Sydney
paoriginal

and due to the vagueries of international time I get to do a Monday song tomorrow....

Luckily, I wasn't recording another Joe Strummer song today, so it's no big deal that my camera stopped recording when my phone's memory was all used up. (It just cut off the last line or so.)

Eight and out. Any similarity to the Slade original is purely imaginary.

Here is my last for this week, it might surprise you that it is a U2 song from the new album ;).
This is called the Book of Your Heart.

For my last song of the week I selected this Tom T Hall song that always gets to me. There's been several tunes this week on the lost youth theme, so here's one more, as this fun Season draws near its close. I don't think there's been any other Tom T songs this week, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying out Aquila reds for the first time here, I like em so far.

Top Bottom