Season 307 - One A Day!!

307 Monday

The wife drug me out clothes shopping for a wedding we are going to.
four hours later.... Well I decided to make a video in the women's clothing area outside the dressing room.

Up very early, singing song number 2 before I rush off to get a train.

Full of cold, feel like crap, a million things to be getting on with, so the perfect circumstances to post a vid. Have been so busy over the restive period so hardly got a chance to enjoy Seasons and this may be my only one this week.
(Hoping Steve will do this at some point, or any of the other great Rutles tunes, for his one a day fundraiser)
Anyway, thanks to the genius of Neil Innes in his guise of Ron Nasty, here’s.....

Wanted to do this one yesterday for obvious reasons but didn't have the time (okay, I had time, but didn't have the privacy to suss it out)

This was a challenge to work out. I didn't want to just strum through the chord sheets, I wanted to incorporate the riffs and solos too. Problem is all the tabs are for guitar in drop Eb, luckily one chord sheet gave the idea of playing it in Am which is probably the most common key for me to play in. As it turns out I don't think I could have done it in any other key, needed most of the fretboard for it, it was just an effort trying to transpose a slightly-inaccurate tab for it. The bass riff I worked out myself.

Would have preferred to multitrack this but I always try yo arrange song so I can put them in my open Mic set on my own. See what you guys think before I do that with this one though.

Wanted to do this one yesterday for obvious reasons but didn't have the time (okay, I had time, but didn't have the privacy to suss it out)

This was a challenge to work out. I didn't want to just strum through the chord sheets, I wanted to incorporate the riffs and solos too. Problem is all the tabs are for guitar in drop Eb, luckily one chord sheet gave the idea of playing it in Am which is probably the most common key for me to play in. As it turns out I don't think I could have done it in any other key, needed most of the fretboard for it, it was just an effort trying to transpose a slightly-inaccurate tab for it. The bass riff I worked out myself.

Would have preferred to multitrack this but I always try yo arrange song so I can put them in my open Mic set on my own. See what you guys think before I do that with this one though.
Wim's your man for anything U2, maybe try contacting him for pointers. :)

Full of cold, feel like crap, a million things to be getting on with, so the perfect circumstances to post a vid. Have been so busy over the restive period so hardly got a chance to enjoy Seasons and this may be my only one this week.
(Hoping Steve will do this at some point, or any of the other great Rutles tunes, for his one a day fundraiser)
Anyway, thanks to the genius of Neil Innes in his guise of Ron Nasty, here’s.....

When you requested something by The Rutles a few weeks ago, this was the song I picked out. Heading your way next week...

307 #3

This time, reaching back to a Dylan song I played some seasons ago. This lovely Makala has a pickup installed, and Santa brought me Roland mini cube for Christmas! :) You'll hear more from it soon!

Pity I won't be here all week. This season was a golden opportunity to record some songs that I wrote years back, but had not gotten around to putting up on YouTube.

My final contribution for this week before jetting off to Rome is a song I wrote back in 1978. It has the most chords I think I ever used in a song and a structure which alternates the stories of a Catholic Priest in S. America with a revolutionary young woman, finally bringing them together in the final verse.

It is an entire short story in six verses.

I hope you enjoy it.

As I think you should all really check out the new U2 album, here is another, this is called the Little Things.

It’s a busy week over here with school starting back tomorrow (I’m not ready!) but I was able to get a quick song in this afternoon.

I really want to do a song every day this week (with a different uke each day!) but I have to apologize for today. As I'm overcoming this terrible virus I've been fighting, my voice has been ravaged by coughing so get ready for a real raspy vocal here. I wrote the original melody for this way back in Season 230, but last year I wrote new words and a new arrangement, and it's become a regular on my band's playlist. Of course, Shannon sings it with the band! You can hear her here if you like.

Day Three, Hibiscus Concert Flea.

Top Bottom