Season 307 - One A Day!!

to add a continental flavour a song in Franglais about a forbiden union,a couple fall in love but are unable to marry because they are 'how you say"usband and wife

307 #1

How about some Patsy Cline?

Played on my Islander tenor. I'm going to use a different uke for each song this week, and I hope to get eight of them in. :D

My 365 song challenge starts tomorrow, but what the heck, I'll do one today as well. In fact this one will probably appear again later in the year, simply because I like it so much. Gilbert O'Sullivan was a bit of a quirky character when he appeared in the early 70s, but in my humble opinion, he wrote some wonderful songs.

To ask what my favorite songs are is futile, far far too many to name, so I'm just gonna do whatever. lol Since the Season starts on a Sunday, here's a Sunday song. I didn't do this one during Keith's "Men in black" Season. This is the debut of my newly acquired first ever cigar box ukulele. I'm liking it a lot!

I'm doing this one today because 1) the title is almost the same thing as the theme, and 2) I had already done a lot of work on this one a few weeks ago because I got Connie Smith confused with Connie Stevens. I had put a stripped-down, non-multi-tracked version on the island, but this is what I had meant to do back then.

Here's a Nilsson song from 1976. I'm playing my Cordoba Concert.

One a day, well I'll start off with the Beatles...

Happy New year to all of you Seasonistas and families

Still a little sick- sorry for the snort here, it was the only take that was passable. You will be surprised to know that even I have performance standards.
Steve Earl Hardcore Troubador

Thanks for hosting Keith, and Happy New Year to everyone!

With Hawaii time being what it is, this one slips in as a Sunday entry, but it's definitely the new year here. In fact, if you listen closely you'll hear live fireworks in this recording. I don't have a favorite song per se, but with the theme being so wide open this week, I'll try to share some of the songs I've learned to play on the uke since I started playing last year. This is an Emerson Lake and Palmer tune called "Lucky Man"

Top Bottom