Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: diy pedalboard

Quote Originally Posted by AlanASmith View Post
    Thanks for inspiration for new year. Building by myself a pedalboard is definitely my amazing next project.
    Can you provide an image that show how your cables connect together and how to be well-organized with all of these?
    Also, what do you means of 'inexpensive'? what's is the best affordable budget range?

I have found cool post that conduct an interview with some high-reputation builders on the market. It's good to hear some direct insights from each builders.
    https://shredaddict.com/diy-pedalboard/

There are some key takeaways I would like to take here and discuss:
    1. Anyone try Aluminum? That's weird made by Chris from CDW
    2. Anything new alternatives to hold the pedals away from using Velcro?
    3. Is light-weight actually a good trade-off? Because when playing on live stage, a heavily steady wood will keep your pedal not vibrating and 'moving around'

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    I have used zip-ties (aka tie-wraps) in the past if not using velcro.

The disadvantage to zip-ties is that you cannot remove or re-arrange pedals easily with zip-ties unless you cut them and then put new ones, which is wasteful to me, but may be a more rugged method of holding them on if you are constantly gigging with your pedalboard.

In a belt-and-suspenders approach, my pedals are currently fixed with BOTH velcro and zip-ties, even though I have not gigged with my pedalboard, mainly because I like to punish myself LOL (and also use zip-ties whenever/where-ever possible to fasten things down or hold things together)

Similarly, I've seen commercial pedalboards that have a sort of clamp system, like an L-bracket for each corner or for each side, and they are adjustable and need to be screwed down tight to hold. I avoided this myself because of both this being too fiddly a system for me, as well as adding to the weight and # of parts involved. They were also about 25% more expensive than boards without this system.

Zip-ties are cheap, Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart has them in a round container of ~1000 zip-ties for ~$8-10 USD.
    Phewww. After going around the town, I still stay with buying Velcro for this first time building because it seems to be the most simplest and cheap solution.

I finally had a chance to finish this project. Somewhere along the way I seem to have picked up another pedal :roll eyes:

For anyone interested the pedals are:
    Behring Reverb, Donner Yellow Fall Delay, Donner Tutti Love Chorus, Micro Pog, Donner Blues Drive,
    Trio+, Donner Compressor, Donner Tuner, LR Baggs Para Acoustic
    A Donner Power Supply is mounted on the underside of the pedalboard.

I used 3M Dual Lock to fasten the pedals to the board and am very pleased with it.

IMG_1773.jpgIMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1777.jpg

Love it you might get some commissions on the strength of your photos , i'd be interested in your findings on using a compressor with your uke photoshooter i've dipped my toe on one of these.

Thanks frigiliana. This is all largely experimental for me. I'm still fumbling my way through it all, especially tweaking the settings on the compressor. But so far the results are positive. I'd be happy to report back as I gain a little more experience with this stuff.

Thread Information