Happy New Year to all UU members and thank you.

Lapyang

Reaction score
As the year is coming to an end, I would like to wish all fellow UU members a happy new year. May your musical journeys reach new heights in 2018.

I have been tinkling with ukulele since April 2016. Starting with picking up an uke once a week or so, or when I encountered a difficult passage on Cello music and needing a break. I have always enjoyed when I played the Uke, it has always put a smile on my face but somehow I did not pick it up more often.

Then in October 2017, some inner voices called to me and I started focusing on ukulele more, and I am proud to say I have made good progress in the last 2 months. I am sure joining UU in October and immersing in an ukulele community plays and important role. UU members are generally very helpful and knowledgable. Lots of my questions were answered, puzzled solved and things I don't even know I need to know were taken care of.

UU veterans like Booli, zztush, Camsuke, Kohanmike, CroakyKeith, DownUpDave, Rakelele... have all been extremely helpful to newbies like me. I am sorry if I left out some of you. Special thanks to Brenda, she has been a great friend and mentor, supplying me with tabs and exercises and books, and adding fuel to my UAS!

As I grow in my ukulele sense, I hope to be able help out newbies to ukulele in the future. Right now I am very good at welcoming new UU members.:D

See y'all in 2018.

Happy New Year, Lapyang1. Happy New Year to all UU’ers. I too have gained much from this community. I do appreciate all of you.

I gained insight & support when I joined two years ago, such a friendly crowd.
I'm glad your journey was as good as mine.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Happy New Year to you as well Lapyang, I know Brenda thinks highly of you and enjoys your friendship.

Happy New Years to UU and all it's members. Being a part of this community has greatly enhanced and improved my life. I cannot image my life without ukulele and all of you have made a big difference.

We are up at a friend cottage for the weekend, got back from shoeshoeing in -27 degree weather.....what fun. Brought the Farallon up as I usually do, it's made for these conditions.

Having a Snowbound New Years Ukulele Eve

20171231_160205.jpg

Happy New Year everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20171231_223525_769.jpg
    IMG_20171231_223525_769.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 14
[/QUOTE]UU veterans like Booli, zztush, Camsuke, Kohanmike, CroakyKeith, DownUpDave, Rakelele... have all been extremely helpful to newbies like me. I am sorry if I left out some of you. Special thanks to Brenda, she has been a great friend and mentor, supplying me with tabs and exercises and books, and adding fuel to my UAS!

As I grow in my ukulele sense, I hope to be able help out newbies to ukulele in the future. Right now I am very good at welcoming new UU members.:D

See y'all in 2018.[/QUOTE]

Hey Joseph: It's good to have you in UU. You, Me ,Kathryn (thread #5) are officially member of Fred Shields club. Hope our custom Fred Shields ukes will one day reunited in the same city.

I am glad you like the tab, it is arranged especially for me by Camsuke. He is the reason I become a better uke player in a short period of time.

I have made quite a few friends through this forum. I especially enjoy my daily chit-chats with a couple of the members who we become very close friends. It has been a great year and a lot of fun. I am blessed with a small group of UU members happened to be living close enough to each other that we can meet at downupdave's two , three times a year infecting each other with UAS virus. ( BTW Dave is the biggest bug ).

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2018.

Last edited:
Happy New Year to you as well Lapyang, I know Brenda thinks highly of you and enjoys your friendship.

Happy New Years to UU and all it's members. Being a part of this community has greatly enhanced and improved my life. I cannot image my life without ukulele and all of you have made a big difference.

We are up at a friend cottage for the weekend, got back from shoeshoeing in -27 degree weather.....what fun. Brought the Farallon up as I usually do, it's made for these conditions.

Having a Snowbound New Years Ukulele Eve

View attachment 105713

You are a bad father. How can you leave your child out in the cold like that without a jacket?

Wishing all a Happy, healthy, and prosperous New Uke Year. Thanks to all of you UU for sharing info, tabs, recommendations. Keep on Uke'ing.

A Happy new year, Lapyang!

Recently Booli taught me Aliexpress.com and now I am big fan of it. It is very cheep and some items are even cheaper than domestic postage. We are near to China, shipping is not long even by sea. But I would like to make friends with even high end ukulele users like Dave and Brenda this year (it is already 2018 here). :)

Last edited:
Happy New Year from Utah! Thanks to everyone on UU who's been so supportive and taught me a ton. I never thought that I'd become a musician, but the ukulele has captured my heart. Such a great way to make music, make new friends, push my boundaries, and just have so much fun. Here's to 2018 ....more learning & more strumming. :smileybounce:

Happy, Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you and everyone here on UU. Glad to be a part of such a friendly and helpful community. Here's to 2018, may it be filled with joy and happiness!

Happy New Year to you and everyone here on UU. Glad to be a part of such a friendly and helpful community. Here's to 2018, may it be filled with joy and happiness!

You prompt me to make this reply; I know my New Year will be filled with joy and happiness because as I've done the last many months, I stopped watching the news completely, I just focus on good things; playing with my uke groups, performing and donating ukes to music therapy programs. It's made me feel so much better. Sure, I know there are terrible things happening, but I choose to ignore the 24 hour bombardment of being inundated with bad news.

Happy, prosperous, peaceful, healthy New Year to all of UU's fabulous ukers!
Thanks to all of you for being supportive of me, and one another.
Special thanks to Booli, for all his encouragement, on and offline.
And thanks to our fantastic Mods who hold this thing together, no matter how feisty we get!
You UU guys and gals are the most intelligent, most talented, most helpful bunch I've ever encountered on my computer!

Happy New Year to one and all. Just think......another sunrise......another year. Everything freezes except "Time"

Happy 2018 to my Brother & Sister uker's!

Top Bottom