Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year to all UU members and thank you.

Default Happy New Year to all UU members and thank you.

As the year is coming to an end, I would like to wish all fellow UU members a happy new year. May your musical journeys reach new heights in 2018.

I have been tinkling with ukulele since April 2016. Starting with picking up an uke once a week or so, or when I encountered a difficult passage on Cello music and needing a break. I have always enjoyed when I played the Uke, it has always put a smile on my face but somehow I did not pick it up more often.

Then in October 2017, some inner voices called to me and I started focusing on ukulele more, and I am proud to say I have made good progress in the last 2 months. I am sure joining UU in October and immersing in an ukulele community plays and important role. UU members are generally very helpful and knowledgable. Lots of my questions were answered, puzzled solved and things I don't even know I need to know were taken care of.

UU veterans like Booli, zztush, Camsuke, Kohanmike, CroakyKeith, DownUpDave, Rakelele... have all been extremely helpful to newbies like me. I am sorry if I left out some of you. Special thanks to Brenda, she has been a great friend and mentor, supplying me with tabs and exercises and books, and adding fuel to my UAS!

As I grow in my ukulele sense, I hope to be able help out newbies to ukulele in the future. Right now I am very good at welcoming new UU members.

See y'all in 2018.
    Tenor: Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, Kala Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Happy New Year, Lapyang1. Happy New Year to all UU’ers. I too have gained much from this community. I do appreciate all of you.

I gained insight & support when I joined two years ago, such a friendly crowd.
    I'm glad your journey was as good as mine.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Happy New Year to you as well Lapyang, I know Brenda thinks highly of you and enjoys your friendship.

Happy New Years to UU and all it's members. Being a part of this community has greatly enhanced and improved my life. I cannot image my life without ukulele and all of you have made a big difference.

We are up at a friend cottage for the weekend, got back from shoeshoeing in -27 degree weather.....what fun. Brought the Farallon up as I usually do, it's made for these conditions.

Having a Snowbound New Years Ukulele Eve

20171231_160205.jpg
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Happy New Year, Lapyang!

Happy New Year to all!
    Kathryn

Happy New Year for 2018 Lapyang & everyone here at UU!

We are all extremely fortunate to share a common passion for the amazing ukulele, and yes, it is all about sharing the joy and learning from each other!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Happy New Year everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert called Kalea
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone called Kalua
    My facebook- http://www.facebook.com/lozzie.green

[/QUOTE]UU veterans like Booli, zztush, Camsuke, Kohanmike, CroakyKeith, DownUpDave, Rakelele... have all been extremely helpful to newbies like me. I am sorry if I left out some of you. Special thanks to Brenda, she has been a great friend and mentor, supplying me with tabs and exercises and books, and adding fuel to my UAS!

As I grow in my ukulele sense, I hope to be able help out newbies to ukulele in the future. Right now I am very good at welcoming new UU members.

See y'all in 2018.[/QUOTE]

Hey Joseph: It's good to have you in UU. You, Me ,Kathryn (thread #5) are officially member of Fred Shields club. Hope our custom Fred Shields ukes will one day reunited in the same city.

I am glad you like the tab, it is arranged especially for me by Camsuke. He is the reason I become a better uke player in a short period of time.

I have made quite a few friends through this forum. I especially enjoy my daily chit-chats with a couple of the members who we become very close friends. It has been a great year and a lot of fun. I am blessed with a small group of UU members happened to be living close enough to each other that we can meet at downupdave's two , three times a year infecting each other with UAS virus. ( BTW Dave is the biggest bug ).

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2018.
    Last edited by SoloRule; 12-31-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Happy New Year to you as well Lapyang, I know Brenda thinks highly of you and enjoys your friendship.

Happy New Years to UU and all it's members. Being a part of this community has greatly enhanced and improved my life. I cannot image my life without ukulele and all of you have made a big difference.

We are up at a friend cottage for the weekend, got back from shoeshoeing in -27 degree weather.....what fun. Brought the Farallon up as I usually do, it's made for these conditions.

Having a Snowbound New Years Ukulele Eve

20171231_160205.jpg
    You are a bad father. How can you leave your child out in the cold like that without a jacket?
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Wishing all a Happy, healthy, and prosperous New Uke Year. Thanks to all of you UU for sharing info, tabs, recommendations. Keep on Uke'ing.

Thread Information