Newbie with two ukulele

Seaglass

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe I got ahead of myself, but I received a uke for Christmas of 2016 and ended up asking for another this year as well, as I moved to the jungles of Maui and wanted a uke I could take out in the rain or to the beach without fear of destruction... so in addition to my Kala, I have a bottle green Outdoor Ukulele.

Anyway, music experience; I played violin around when I was 11. Unfortunately, I was a stupid kid and hated practicing and all that so everything I learned has been lost. I'm 26 now, and sloooowwwly learning. Via youtube. I'm probably doing it wrong, I thumb strum (because I hate the way nails sound against the strings) and I struggle to learn new strum patterns. I only know my way around about a dozen chords, and I can play about 2 or 3 songs well enough they're somewhat recognizable (pixar's Lava song was my first, and still best).

So... yup, that's me and ukulele. I came here after being linked to some chords to play the Princess Bride theme song, and made an account to view them only to realize I can't read the type of chords posted (I think I only understand "tabs"). Essentially, I'm a newb as far as pretty much everything goes, as you can probably tell.

Welcome and congrats on your new uke!
Lava is one of my faves too!

Welcome aboard. :)

A lot of us have started in later life, (as in over 50).
My school day music lessons returned enough once I got started, & have helped quite a lot.
You'll be surprised at how much is in your sub concious mind.

Welcome! My music lessons from long ago pop into my head as I practice ukulele. Things I'd long forgotten have returned and help tremendously. :)

Top Bottom