“Ukulele Mike” Lynch Passed Away

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Great teacher and seemed like a wonderful guy. I watched a lot of his stuff when I was first learning and scouring YouTube for beginning videos.

Good bye Mike. We will miss you greatly.

So sad. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, Mike!
We'll miss you.

RIP Mike Lynch. I learned my first instrumentals from his chord melody playbooks. Was looking forward to purchasing more of them.

Ukulele Mike was one of the best teachers out there. And he was a real teacher too, that was his job. Sadly, I never met the man, but his videos were so personal and his interaction online was so real, I feel like I knew him. RIP, Mike Lynch.

A very sad loss for his family and the Ukulele community. Mikes/channel tutorials seemed to be the first port of call when you just started out and was definitely the main man of explainling things simply and in a language that most of us could understand. He was a very big part of my ukulele voyage in the early days for sure.
Big thanks upstairs Mike, RIP :cheers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
When I proved to be an impatient teacher, my wife took to YouTube and Mike's videos and learned to play. My wife and I play together now, no thanks to me.

Man, I'm bummed out. I'll have to tell my wife of this news.

Although I have never made use of Mike's videos, I do admire him and many of the members of our local uke group have learned a lot from his videos. I'll go now and watch a few of his lessons. I'm sorry I've waited till it's too late to thank him for his contributions to the World Of Ukuleles.

The first song I learned on ukulele was Mike’s version of "Tonight you belong to me." He was such a sweet and mellow guy that I really felt like I would be able to do this. I was able to do this and I give a lot of credit to Mike for helping me get started. I believe I also learn 12 bar blues shuffle in A from Mike. I still use that all the time, and it’s the only 12 bar shuffle my good friend has ever been able to learn. So thanks Mike! RIP!

There is an update message from a family spokesperson at www.allthingsukulele.com.

Ukulele Mike was and continues to be my inspiration to learning the ukulele. After discovering his chord melody books, making music on the ukulele became especially joyful. I am glad to see that his materials will continue to be made available to all.

So sorry to hear this......when I was starting, and I guess I still am, he was a go-to guy.
He always seemed happy to be sharing his enthusiasm for the 'uke.
Robin

Only learned today of Ukulele Mike’s passing which like to so many others was shocking and saddening. I spent many hours watching and learning from Mike’s video’s and even had owned one of his signature Ukuleles.

Mike left wonderful legacy of learning for the ukulele community, may he Rest In Peace...

He was a great teacher. I watched a lot of his stuff and his videos were also educational. If there is a uke Hall of Fame, he should be in it.

He was a great teacher. I watched a lot of his stuff and his videos were also educational. If there is a uke Hall of Fame, he should be in it.

You can always join us on link and video
See link on my signature below
Hope to see you there

Last edited:
Top Bottom