“Ukulele Mike” Lynch Passed Away

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Stunned to hear of Ukulele Mike’s sudden passing today (which was shared by some on Facebook). He made music more accessible to so many. The ukulele community will cherish the legacy of his many tutorials for many years. RIP Ukulele Mike!

Oh no, that is really sad :(

He'll be remembered to me as a kind of Bob Ross type of figure. Always pleasing to watch his videos and seemed like a nice guy

Last edited:
I just saw the posts on his Facebook page. Like most people, I learned a lot about playing the ukulele by watching Mike's YouTube channels when I was a beginner. Mike was generous, kind, and beloved, and he loved teaching. My deepest condolences to Mike's family and loved ones. Rest in Aloha.

Such a big loss to the ukulele community and movement, as he share hus passion and love for ukes
Sincerest Condolences to his ohana and friends RIP Mike

A wonderful dude!

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family. Working on one of his videos now. Very sad, a nice legacy of helping others make, share and Enjoy music.

This really is a shock. He was one of my first and favorite "youtube teachers", I got so much out of his teachings. My condolences go out to his family and friends he will be missed and treasured.

He had been on dialysis for some time. Oddly I had just responded to Ukulele Magazine’s tweet about who they would like to see interviewed and I said Ukulele Mike—and to have him arrange a chord melody for that interview.

I am curious if his resources will still be available.

RIP Ukulele Mike. The ukulele community has lost another wonderful person.

He will be missed. RIP, Mike. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Always enjoyed his YouTube videos, a great teacher and very likeable personality.

Certainly a loss to the ukulele community.

Sincere condolences to his family.

I'm sorry to hear. Condolences to Mike's family and friends.

Thank you Mike, I love your videos and they gave me inspiration :)
Now that you are gone from us and this world, I will remember you in seeing them.

Sorry to hear this. Like many others have posted, I've learned so much from his videos. His music, his engaging style of teaching, and his warmth & spirit will live on. Teaching others to love the ukulele is an awesome legacy.

Thank you Mike for all you did to promote and encourage ukulele play. I for one spent many hours watching the videos that you most generously shared with the world.
Sincere condolences to his family, friends and ukulele family.

I learned a song for Christmas from one of his videos. May he rest in peace!

Top Bottom