Not open for further replies.

bellauke

Reaction score
SOLD_Silvertone

Sold...........

Last edited:
...the Antebellum Instrument people...

Do you mean Jake Wildwood?

He's no secret here on UU and well regarded for his luthery repair work.

There's no shame in letting folks know if he was involved in setting up this instrument.

I have one of these and they are cannons. Louder than my Vega Arthur Godfrey although not quite as smooth to play. And I wouldn't sell it for this price regardless of the market value, mine is head and shoulders above at least three Martin baris that I've heard back to back with the Silvertone. Serious sleeper if you're a player as opposed to a collector

Yep, these Silvertone's are good. I have owned a Martin Baritone, and it had no tone/volume from it's top. Very thin sound. I am also selling a Vega Arthur Godfrey like you have. It's very cool, too. I am only selling these cool old Uke's because of fear the places I play - they will get beat up. And I need electric. I am using a cheap Kala Electric Baritone for what we do. No comparison unplugged to the Silvertone or the Vega. I don't want to make mod's on these old uke's to make electric. The Silvertone is much like my band mates old Harmony. He stuck a Fishman Preamp in his with the piezo/microphone pickup combo. I heard that the old mahogany Silvertone's and Harmony's were made in same factory years ago.

I love tortoise binding on instruments!! This one looks to be wonderful. If another baritone was higher up on my list.... GLWS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom