Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which between Enya X1 ( HPL ) and APC TC ( Solid wood ) ?

Since it is coming directly from Snail, it is likely to arrive safely. First thing to check is the three components of string height. 1) There should ideally be 2.5 to 3mm between the top of the 12th fret and the bottom of the strings. 2) Then hold down a string at the third fret and check the gap between the first fret and the string. It should be the thickness of a business card or less. 3) Last, check the neck relief by holding down a string at the first fret with your left hand and 12th fret with your right thumb, then press the string down at the fifth fret with your right index finger (contortions I know) -- there should be a very small gap and when you press or tap the string at the 5th fret you should feel it. Finally, check for string buzz as you pluck each open string, then each string fretted as you go up the neck. If there is a high fret you will hear a buzz. That should cover it. Hope you are very happy with your choice!

Just to add to the discussion. The APC letters refer to the model type. There is the TS (tenor simple), TC (tenor classic) and TT (tenor traditional) - you can see the models on their website. I own a concert traditional which I really like and a soprano simple which I also really like but has a rather heavy neck.

I am fond of APCs though I have seen mixed reviews. I have played with the action on both of mine but they play nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Don View Post
    [... ]
    Thank you very much for this instructions ! They are as clear as possible

I will check every step and let you know.

I'm considering something else, maybe I'm going to order on amazon the Gretsch as we can refund it within a month like that I could have both ukulele at the same time and pick the one I'll prefer ! If I do so I'll post a review between those 2 ^^

Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by Flibble View Post
    Just to add to the discussion. The APC letters refer to the model type. There is the TS (tenor simple), TC (tenor classic) and TT (tenor traditional) - you can see the models on their website. I own a concert traditional which I really like and a soprano simple which I also really like but has a rather heavy neck.

I am fond of APCs though I have seen mixed reviews. I have played with the action on both of mine but they play nicely.

Thank you for you comment I'll consider that for my travelling soprano

Thread Information