'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

This is truly a great thread. I hope I can contribute one day . I need to buy the books first.

Ukulele Mike's arrangement of Blackbird by The Beatles/Paul McCartney.

Although it was tempting to play this on one of my Blackbird ukuleles, I hope it sounds nice in high-G on my Santa Cruz mahogany concert. Thanks UU!

Great job there Kevin.....anything by the Beatles is fine by me. Your Uke choice also spot on. Lovely warm tone. Mike Lynch would be proud!

Mike

Although it was tempting to play this on one of my Blackbird ukuleles, I hope it sounds nice in high-G on my Santa Cruz mahogany concert. Thanks UU!

Kevin that really was wonderful.........one of my favorite songs and you did it justice my friend. That Santa Cruz is one of the nicest sounding re-entrant ukes I have ever heard, it's a keeper.

What are you using for recording equipment, the sound quality is excellent

Thanks for the positive comments, all! Much appreciated.

What are you using for recording equipment, the sound quality is excellent

Dave, you have an impressively good ear. Because of this thread (thanks, SoloRule and Camsuke), I've started doing a bit more video recording, and I just decided to upgrade my recording setup. This video recording of Ukulele Mike's Blackbird arrangement was my first use of Apogee's new Apogee Mic Plus. I just plugged this new Mic via USB into my MacBook then recorded the video using the free QuickTime player that's built into Mac OS X. Just a raw recording, no effects or anything. I think the gain was set a tad too high, but I'm learning. Thanks!

Dave just turned up his hearing aids. That’s all :D

He does have good ears. He knows a good uke when he hears one.

Thanks for posting Kevin, this is so beautifully played & sounds absolutely amazing! :D Bravo!

Ukulele Mike was a big help for me too. I tried a lot of times to play tha songs that he was teaching through hes videos! I didnt copy perfect the way he was doing it but i try and i became a better "player".

The latest was Fur Elise, playing my Ibanez Concert UEW15E-OPN acoustic only no amp.

I have also play Smile (charlie chaplin) with my brothers makai pk55 soprano.

And my first video was pink panther, playing my harley benton concert (i still love that uke!). The video quality is sooooo sooo bad am really sorry!

I hope someone like it, i will still try to play more of his!

Ukulele Mike was a big help for me too. I tried a lot of times to play tha songs that he was teaching through hes videos! I didnt copy perfect the way he was doing it but i try and i became a better "player".

The latest was Fur Elise, playing my Ibanez Concert UEW15E-OPN acoustic only no amp.

I have also play Smile (charlie chaplin) with my brothers makai pk55 soprano.

And my first video was pink panther, playing my harley benton concert (i still love that uke!). The video quality is sooooo sooo bad am really sorry!

I hope someone like it, i will still try to play more of his!

seras89, Excellent......... your playing is exactly in keeping with the Mike Lynch ethos. I really enjoyed all the videos.
just like waiting for a bus........nothing for such a while and then three together!
Keep up the great work,
Mike

Thanks you so so much for giving time to watch my videos!!! Even one reply can give courage since in my country (Greece) Ukulele is not popular at all and i dont have someone to talk about it! Thank you Mike!!!

Thanks you so so much for giving time to watch my videos!!! Even one reply can give courage since in my country (Greece) Ukulele is not popular at all and i dont have someone to talk about it! Thank you Mike!!!

Your videos are terrific. Thanks for posting them! -Kevin

Great constribution to this thread
What’s a treat. Three videos
Great job ! Thank you so much!
Looking for more from you.

Brenda and Campbell,
You deserve a whole lotta credit for creating a beautiful thing here. So many wonderful videos - 20 pages already!

Your recognition of every contributor is notable. Players obviously feel supported and encouraged.

What a meaningful tribute to an amazing teacher and human being! I hope Mike's family somehow knows about this.

Brenda and Campbell,
You deserve a whole lotta credit for creating a beautiful thing here. So many wonderful videos - 20 pages already!

Your recognition of every contributor is notable. Players obviously feel supported and encouraged.

What a meaningful tribute to an amazing teacher and human being! I hope Mike's family somehow knows about this.

Thank you very much Tracie :D It has been a great joy to be part of Mike's Tribute, the wonderful videos posted by our UU family members have been totally awesome and demonstrate clearly how Mike's work has enriched our lives :cheers:

I was purchasing Mr. Lynch's e book a few months back and had an opportunity to communicate with his daughter Dianne. I made sure she is aware of this tribute and how great her father was to the whole ukulele community.

I was purchasing Mr. Lynch's e book a few months back and had an opportunity to communicate with his daughter Dianne. I made sure she is aware of this tribute and how great her father was to the whole ukulele community.

Thanks for sharing this.

Top Bottom