'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

I learned this song tonight.
My this week contribution , hope you like it!
PS. Ukulele Mike said mute the strings so I did!

Fantastic job Brenda, it's so nice to see another one of Mike's arrangements played in his honour, thank you! :D

When Brenda was playing this so nicely, she was humming these words to to herself ........

“Tenors, Sopranos and years of hard study
Parties in Markham with David, our buddy.
South Coast, Oasis or any old strings
………….Brendas in love with our favourite things !”

When a string breaks, when I screw up.
When I want to cry.
I simply remember what Brenda would say….
Buy, buy, buy !"

Thank you Robin, this is our friend Brenda in a nut shell, hard working, passionate, and always on the lookout for that special ukulele! :cheers:

Last edited:
Robin. You are too funny! I love your sense of humour! You are awesome!
We will ask you to do the lyric on Campbell next new song!
Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks

Camsuke: thank you for the Mya Moe - I mean strings! sound fantastic! Looking forward to more video from you.
Uke actually came looking for me...ha ha

Last edited:
Everybody doing a great job here!
When Brenda was playing this so nicely, she was humming these words to to herself ........

“Tenors, Sopranos and years of hard study
Parties in Markham with David, our buddy.
South Coast, Oasis or any old strings
………….Brendas in love with our favourite things !”

When a string breaks, when I screw up.
When I want to cry.
I simply remember what Brenda would say….
Buy, buy, buy !"
Hilarious Robin.......still laughing!
Sound of Music.jpg
Now I know where Brenda's used ukulele strings end up!

I went to the website to buy Mike's chord melody book to get the tabs for Pathetique and there seems to be no way to do that.

Brenda, you and your Larrivee sound great!

Another great performance, Brenda. I'm so happy that you don't need that red bandage around your thumb any longer:)

This is really nice to receive so many comments. Thank you!
I hope more of you will take part in this meaningful tribute.
Remember , you can upload as many video / audio as you like or even just sharing how his music inspire you.

Last edited:
Brenda, you and your Larrivee sound great!

Hey Hodge, I think Brenda should pay us "royalties" as we were both responsible for her buying this Larrivee baritone.

Well done Brenda and Robins rap lyrics about buy, buy, buy are very accurate. When you play as well as you do all your instruments are well deserved.

Here's one of Mike's original tunes, "Rose Garden Serenade".

Campbell , my friend
This piece suit you to a tee - are you sure ukulele Mike didn't write this for you?
Your dancing fingers brought out a lot of happy little dancers. Another lovely contribution and perfect song choice. Please keep them coming!

Thank you all for the above compliments on my video. Hope more members will join us !

Last edited:

Wow, Brenda, you did a nice job with this. I've been wondering how to play that. Do you always play the bari? Please excuse my ignorance.

Wow, Brenda, you did a nice job with this. I've been wondering how to play that. Do you always play the bari? Please excuse my ignorance.

Nickie, Thank you for the compliment. There is a two parts tutorial ( see links below) . I am an impatience person so I only watched the second tutorial about muting the strings therefore I can't comment on the rest of the tutorial. The song is quite straight forward. I remember Mr Lynch posted the tab as free giveaway. If you go to his site, I am pretty sure it is still there to download as jpg format .
Thank you for watching and making comment. Look forward to your performance in the near future?

I play the baritone because its my new purchase. I usually play whatever I think the instrument sounds the best for the specific song. Its nice to have options that's why we have UAS. ha ha

https://vimeo.com/87618246
https://vimeo.com/87798714

Last edited:

This is what Ukulele Mike was all about. Simple informative videos which we can all understand whether a beginner or a more experienced musician. When starting out to arrange a song quite often getting started is the most difficult part. This is Mike with a few useful tips to get you along the way!

Campbell
Is that your baritone ?
What’s the wood combo?
I lost track of what you have

Hi Brenda, this is my W J Herringe Baritone, it's one in a set (Concert, Tenor & Baritone) which were built for me a few years back by my Luthier friend Bill Herringe. They are all built from the same log of Tasmanian Blackwood.

Attachments

• Herringe ukes1.jpg
    Herringe ukes1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom