'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I figured if we all pitch in, we can keep the tribute going for a while, at least until his Birthday on March 21. Who knows, maybe it can last even much longer. "Ukulele Mike" Lynch deserved better than just a week or so of respect. He has contributed so much to the ukulele community. He has put smiles on everyone's faces, it is now time for us to make him proud in heaven.

Great stuff Lapyang. Really enjoying watching everybody putting a video of themselves up in commemorating Mike Lynch. I am sure this is exactly what he would have wanted has his legacy. It is never easy making a video for public viewing. More especially for those people who have never done it. I for one am looking forward to all those first videos. This is an ideal opportunity to have a go........Go on, you know you really want to!
Mike

I'm really happy to see this made a sticky. I think Mike will be on our pages for quite a while. When I learn how to do YOUtube, I'd like to post a song from him too.

Here we go. It's time to ruin a good thing. :agree:

If this doesn't break the internet, nothing will.

Thanks for the encouragement and to Brenda and Campbell for making this thread and to all that have contributed. This has been a learning experience.

Last edited:
Great job Lenny ... I thought you did a superb job! I enjoyed your commentary ... funny, as always ... keep it up!

A big thank you & huge congratulations Lenny! Wow, this is absolutely awesome, your 1st Movie!! and it's a beauty. Hopefully this experience will not only encourage you to make regular YT videos but will also encourage others here at UU to follow your lead and post videos of their own. Well done mate, this is wonderful :D

Really well done Larry. I don't think that was such an easy tune to play. There are a lot of full chords and you are moving up and down the fretboard quite a lot. Kudos to you for a great effort. Mike

Thanks for the encouragement and to Brenda and Campbell for making this thread and to all that have contributed. This has been a learning experience.

The Great Lenny is back but not on Marketplace anymore.
I am honour that you chose to have your coming out video on this thread.
I agreed with Mike Holland this is not an easy tune but you made it sing on that super super special Kanile'a . Corey Fujimoto must have left some of his magic there. Aren't you glad you bought it ? It does not look like a monster that you thought it was. Just the perfect size for our Great Lenny. That special uke deserves more exposure!

Well done, buddy. So very proud of you.

Welcome to the HEADLESS GHOSTS CLUB!
P.S. Love the glass table reflection. Fancy Lenny.

Last edited:
I've been trying to find the music/tab for Rose Garden Serenade. It's in his UKULELE SOLO INSTRUMENTALS Vol.1, so if I could find that book, it would be good too. Not looking for a freebie, happy to buy it but that seems impossible.

Great job Lenny!
When you finished with that grand strum, I couldn't help myself from letting out a cheer. Well done!
Looking forward to your next movie.

Mike Lynch taught me this song...

Joko
My feet were tapping along . Look like you were having so much fun with this tune. It's great to see you here.
I throughly enjoyed reading your blog too. What an adventure life you got there. Cycle safe.;)
Hope to see more upload from you!

Great job Lenny ... I thought you did a superb job! I enjoyed your commentary ... funny, as always ... keep it up!

Thanks Simon. When you prepared people for the worst, something a little better seems a whole lot better.

I appreciate the encouragement.

A big thank you & huge congratulations Lenny! Wow, this is absolutely awesome, your 1st Movie!! and it's a beauty. Hopefully this experience will not only encourage you to make regular YT videos but will also encourage others here at UU to follow your lead and post videos of their own. Well done mate, this is wonderful :D

To hear these words from you means a great deal to me Campbell. It is very much appreciated, and I hope you will continue to hear me improve and provide encouragement as you have always done for everyone here.

Last edited:
Ok buddy you popped your cherry, well done my friend, very well done. It sounded great , both you and that gorgeous Kanilea.

You never forget your first. I just have to make sure that I don't have a sophomore slump. Thanks for being there for me and for all of us.

Really well done Lenny. I don't think that was such an easy tune to play. There are a lot of full chords and you are moving up and down the fretboard quite a lot. Kudos to you for a great effort. Mike

Mike. Thanks so much for the warm words. As I was learning this song, I said to myself over and over that if I can learn this half way decently, then I can be taught. I learned it, now I just have to follow up. With the warm and wonderful words from those here, I will continue.

Great job Lenny!
When you finished with that grand strum, I couldn't help myself from letting out a cheer. Well done!
Looking forward to your next movie.

Joe. Thanks so much. When you add things to a beloved song that wasn't originally there, it's personal, and you never know if it will be liked. Your kind words made me smile.

Thanks so much.

The Great Lenny is back but not on Marketplace anymore.
I am honour that you chose to have your coming out video on this thread.
I agreed with Mike Holland this is not an easy tune but you made it sing on that super super special Kanile'a . Corey Fujimoto must have left some of his magic there. Aren't you glad you bought it ? It does not look like a monster that you thought it was. Just the perfect size for our Great Lenny. That special uke deserves more exposure!

Well done, buddy. So very proud of you.

Welcome to the HEADLESS GHOSTS CLUB!
P.S. Love the glass table reflection. Fancy Lenny.

What can I say Brenda. It's your companionship that got me off the bench and into the game, and it feels extremely good. I plan to continue with the help , encouragement, and guidance of the people here who are so kind and supportive.

My thanks are endless.

Top Bottom