Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Smith UK-212 Soprano REVIEW

Would it actually cost more to produce a playable ukulele? I'm not talking about anything fantastic, but to produce the same ukulele but with most of the issues resolved.

I think as has been mentioned, the underlying issues is that they want profit without spending any time or care. As long as people keep buying stuff like this they have no reason to do any differently.

Fair comment. I wonder how many people have been put off from learning to play because they've bought a terrible uke. I bought a Ready Ace as my first, but I've persevered and bought some better ukuleles.
    One concern that I do have regarding the Martin Smith uke is that a charity in England called Sue Ryder sells a ukulele that looks remarkably similar - also available in a few different colours (including the Union Flag design). Maybe Baz could review their Ukulele and advise them (privately if necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by The Pashmeister View Post
    Would it actually cost more to produce a playable ukulele? I'm not talking about anything fantastic, but to produce the same ukulele but with most of the issues resolved.
    No, and they exist.
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

Quote Originally Posted by The Pashmeister View Post
    One concern that I do have regarding the Martin Smith uke is that a charity in England called Sue Ryder sells a ukulele that looks remarkably similar - also available in a few different colours (including the Union Flag design). Maybe Baz could review their Ukulele and advise them (privately if necessary).
    The Sue Ryder is identical. Which makes Martin Smith even MORE culpable in my eyes.
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

I think even calling it a brand gives them too much credit. Nothing more than a cheap souvenir.

I see Barry was taken in by this item resembling an ukulele. Can't really blame him for the misunderstanding as it is being advertised as such. However, it is better suited for purposes other than making music. Here's the start of my list. Please feel free to contribute.

You may want to purchase this item if you are looking for a:

1. Theater prop (it's a cute, little geetar)

2. Paperweight

3. Doorstop

4. Placeholder on the sofa (so you don;t lose your seat to the cat)

Quote Originally Posted by hmgberg View Post
    I see Barry was taken in by this item resembling an ukulele. Can't really blame him for the misunderstanding as it is being advertised as such. However, it is better suited for purposes other than making music. Here's the start of my list. Please feel free to contribute.

1. Theater prop (it's a cute, little geetar)

2. Paperweight

3. Doorstop

5. Doorknocker

6. Planter

7. Self defense item

8. Yard ornament/birdhouse
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by hmgberg View Post

Do you Really think that it will stop a cat??
    "Life is short. Opera is long."

Anonymous

"Life is short. Opera is long."

Anonymous

Thread Information